Big update to My Disney Experience app will bring navigation capability

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
If they really want to improve it, add in the bus arrival times that are at the stops now. Do you know how valuable it would be to know before you leave the room or the park, when the bus will come to the stop?

Agree SO much! To be able to yell at my kids and say "Hurry up! The bus will be here in 5 minutes!" or, conversely, say "the bus is still 20 minutes away, we can walk at a bit more relaxed of a pace" when we're heading into the park each morning would be SO nice!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I was wondering if they would add this functionality. They use to have this in the Verizon Android app before MDE which put little feet print tracks from where you were to your destination.

cheesecake

I agree about the bus ETA, but maybe they're holding off because sometimes the buses don't go as scheduled. If there is an accident to avoid, a wheelchair to load/unload, etc that can cause delays. Most people would probably be fine with it, but there would be some who would get nasty with the busdriver if they were a minute late.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

dm11

As others stated, having transportation times (bus, monorail, boat, etc) would be much more interesting and useful for me. But I have to admit that this feature is nice and helpful for first (or second :)) time visitors and good improvement.

ToTBellHop

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It's hard to believe that test was over 18 months ago. Wonder what the hold-up is. It doesn't seem like it should be that difficult to get that information from the screens at the bus stops to our phones. Attraction wait times update just as frequently, I believe.
I don't think that is the issue. The big problem is getting accurate bus timings. The screens from the bus stops seem to be highly variable in their accuracy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom