Big Thunder Mountain Railroad vs Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Better ride?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
I feel like you can't really compare the two rides. Both very different. I would have to vote Big Thunder because it is such a lengthy ride and those are so rare these days....
Seriously? People told me to compare them because they are kind of similarđź’€
they’re both mine train roller coasters at Magic Kingdom, they are more comparable compared to something like Space Mountain vs Mad Tea Party

Giss Neric

If they increased Mine Train's ride for 30 more seconds then it could give Thunder Mountain an edge cause of the swinging trains and the dark ride portion, but since it was too short, Thunder Mountain for the win.

Djsfantasi

BTM is a thrill roller coaster. Sometimes too intense for me. I get a headache riding it. But it is a great ride

7DMT is at the other end of the scale. Better for younger guests, it tells a story and the characters are great for children. It’s more like Barnstormer than SM.

I don’t have children (they’re adults now) and my grandchildren are too young for a Disney trip (2+yrs and. 3+mos). So 7DMT is out for me. Maybe in 3-4 years when I take the whole family to WDW.

aliceismad

BTM (specifically the one at DL) is my favorite Disney ride, so obviously I'm going to choose it. I love the movement of the ride and the details of the theming. It's a good combination of mild thrills and ambiance.

I love the swinging cars of Mine Train, and I like the dark ride portion, but I agree with others that it feels a bit too short and that always leave me feeling a bit disappointed, especially given the line length.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Big Thunder for me. Mine Train cars are the most uncomfortable ride cars I have ever sat in.

Bingo. BTM is probably one of the most comfiest and easiest to get into coasters in the parks. Whoever designed the individual lap bars on 7DMT should be forced to sit in them.

BubbaisSleep

BTM. Just hope they finally fix that last scene at MK.
Mine Train is fun but I can't believe Disney opened such a short ride.
All that land in Florida & they still only got half a coaster and an mini-golf Beast Castle.

HongKongFooy

7 Dwarfs:
I can't understand the thinking behind delivering such a short ride in the most attended park with substantial space to work with

Too costly to have done the project right?? I don't think so.
They could have doubled the length and doubled the show scenes for far less than double the cost to build. For every foot of track(of course including mountain sets and indoor scenes) the costs become proportionately less and less from design to bringing in welders, electricians, rockwork and painting crews.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Well, if ever a ride was ripe for the plucking by ol' Stinky Pete, it's BTMRR.

Or should I say Stinky Pete's Runaway Mountain Railroad...?

Hcalvert

I like Big Thunder and voted for that. 7D is okay. I like rocking the cars while going through the mine scene and at the end. I agree that it is too snug. I have knee issues and am only 5'7" and my knees feel crammed in there to the point that I am sometimes in pain.

correcaminos

Both are kiddie coasters - let's be honest on that. 7DMT is more tame, too short, and not that exciting even for a kiddie coaster. My vote is with BTMRR all the way. 7DMT was such a let down the first time I rode it.

Goofyernmost

I find it difficult to compare. To me the only similarity is that the vehicles run on roller coaster tracks. The experience is completely different, the length of the two is completely different (7 Dwarfs is much shorter). One is a full time coaster and the other is a coaster and part time dark ride. One is immersive from beginning to end (thunder mtn) and the other is a ride with a two section snow white themed story. One has standard roller coaster vehicles (again thunder) and the other has a free swinging, side to side, vehicle.

Those are the physical differences, but the enjoyment comparisons are uniquely personal. I liked them both for what they were, but if it is just for more "thrills" then I would guess that Thunder Mtn. has the upper hand on that one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom