Big Thunder Mountain Paris 2021 tribute

RoyalFool

Great stuff, especially the music track. BTM is the only "best of class" ride at the Paris park unfortunately, most of our other rides are inferior in some shape or form. The props in the queue line are not props at all but shipped all the way from American mines, really cool.

sedati

After a little technical delay the third and final part of my series is now available. All about the Parisian version:

A similar Pirates of the Caribbean edit is coming later this year.

A video so great it reminded me that I have to renew my passport in hopes of someday experiencing this.
I'm not sure how much you've shot yourself, but I found some of the compositions in this to be your best yet.
Thanks for the continued hard work.
That said, do you by any chance have any info on the shelved Lone Ranger overhaul, or any other discarded concepts?

Last edited:

Markiewong

Great stuff, especially the music track. BTM is the only "best of class" ride at the Paris park unfortunately, most of our other rides are inferior in some shape or form. The props in the queue line are not props at all but shipped all the way from American mines, really cool.
Huh interesting thought, I thought the general consensus was that Paris is the second best castle park. Mostly due to its design and all the "plussed" versions of the overseas attractions. But the Paris version of BTM is without a doubt the best version out there, the tunnels are exaggerating and create a nice surprise element.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
A video so great it reminded me that I have to renew my passport in hopes of someday experiencing this.
I'm not sure how much you've shot yourself, but I found some of the compositions in this to be your best yet.
Thanks for the continued hard work.
That said, do you by any chance have any info on the shelved Lone Ranger overhaul, or any other discarded concepts?
Thank you. I shot it but a lot was shot in summer 2019 when I’d just got the new camera so I was being very arty with it! You can tell between masks and no masks what was shot when. As for the alternate concepts thankfully I didn’t have enough information.
Really? Whilst everyone has preferences I personally think Phantom, Pirates, Peter Pan (and Space Mountain when it isn't Star Wars) all exceed their US counterparts.
I’d disagree with just BTM being best in class but that’s just me.

RoyalFool

Really? Whilst everyone has preferences I personally think Phantom, Pirates, Peter Pan (and Space Mountain when it isn't Star Wars) all exceed their US counterparts.
  • Phantom - I love how it ties into the area, but overall it's shorter than Florida and is missing some of the more modern effects like the projection mapped wallpaper and levitating Leota, even after the recent revamp.
  • Pirates - Nah, possibly the worst version of all. Queue line is much nicer now, but it still has weird random theming (barbosa), all the modern Disney changes like Captain Redd plus a wimpy pair of drops. Tokyo, and even the original DL versions are better.
  • Peter Pan - we had the updates a few months quicker than the other parks, but other than that it's the same from what I can tell.
  • Space Mountain - is always f**king Star Wars now, and due to the block breaks they can't even time the audio correctly. But worst of all is the cattle-pen queue-line, personally the insane neon queue-line of World is almost as good as the ride itself. But sure. Aesthetically it is the nicest gravity building tho.
But BTM, man - it's so hard going back to any other version, it feels like the whole finale is missing as it doesn't have that really fast final turn under the water back to the station. The wind and darkness make it feel so much faster than it probably is, almost like it's going out of control. Great fun watching peoples faces when they roll back up to the station!

<bait>Oh we we def have the best castle, but figured that wasn't even up for debate</bait>

I'd love to hear Marni's "rankings" but that's probably for another thread entirely :)

DanMK

Thanks Martin, fantastic video and a great tribute to an amazing ride.

On a side note, @RoyalFool , you cannot honestly think POTC at DLP is the worst version... that's almost blasphemous. I have always classed the Paris version as the best one out there.

TomboyJanet

You know they just HAD to add that dynamite upgrade from California into it and make it the best Thunder Mountain ever! Riding it at night actually gives you chills if you know the whole Phantom Manor Story. It's the only Thunder mountain where you can see a Tower of Terror from as well as a haunted mansion, but strangely the California-hacienda Spanish style hotel fits in. This also marks the first time I've tunneled under water and it wasn't a commuter road haha. But dang! this has to be my favorite BTMRR! Paris also has my Favorite Pirates of the Caribbean and Phantom Manor, so It earned it's spot next to the other two Disney Resorts I've been to. People sometimes put this park down but I think it's one of the best

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom