Big Shots In Park Today

gmajew

Premium Member
Original Poster
Was in the parks all week and the big boys were out and about everywhere we went. Will give a full report on Monday when get back in town but John lasseter was all over as well and was even riding rides with imagineers today.

Clamman73

They probably said to themselves that we have to change back the entrance of Tomorrowland to it's former glory of pylons and waterfalls...not gonna happen :mad:

The Empress Lilly

They probably said to themselves that we have to change back the entrance of Tomorrowland to it's former glory of pylons and waterfalls...not gonna happen :mad:
Dear man, I would give my right arm for that to happen.

* not holding breath :cry:*

What were they thinking!? They have a beautiful, authentic futurist entrance that by now in 2012 looks gorgeously retro-futurist. They demolished it for yet more Disney fake rock :)hurl:) and fake unauthentic retro-futurist / cartoon spaceport.

Vandals.

PhilharMagician

Ok, John L is a big wig, but .of when it comes to immagineering. I do hope JL was there to look around and kick some booty, but he is a West coast guy at heart.

I will hope that he is there for the good of the King of theme parks!

JustInTime

I find it so very interesting that all these reports are pouring out about all these imagineers and important people like Staggs and John visiting the parks this past week. Is this the 4th report? It almost has to mean something is going on, right? The last time we found out that people like this were frequently visiting the parks, we got the Avatar announcement shortly after. And the only time before that when I remember the "Big Guys" coming to the parks, it was just before the Fantasyland expansion. So all these numerous reports of seeing them out in the parks are getting my hopes up. I am sure this could be just a big past due visit, but I really hope it amounts to something. I am also curious to hear what parks they were in.

Lee

Adventurer
Staggs and Skipper John's presence at WDW has much more to do with the Fantasy sailing than with anything (nothing) happening in the parks.
Don't read too much into it.

Alektronic

I find it so very interesting that all these reports are pouring out about all these imagineers and important people like Staggs and John visiting the parks this past week. Is this the 4th report? It almost has to mean something is going on, right? The last time we found out that people like this were frequently visiting the parks, we got the Avatar announcement shortly after. And the only time before that when I remember the "Big Guys" coming to the parks, it was just before the Fantasyland expansion. So all these numerous reports of seeing them out in the parks are getting my hopes up. I am sure this could be just a big past due visit, but I really hope it amounts to something. I am also curious to hear what parks they were in.

They were all out here because of the Disney Fantasy and decided to visit WDW since they were so close.

yensid67

It could also JUST mean that since the FL announcement, they could just be seeing the current progress of the project firsthand!? I understand that the times that they visited in the past, something BIG was to follow, but depending on the parks they were in, I can almost guarantee it was for a Project Update for FL. I hope they went to DHS, if they didn't see that it needs something more then they were blinded by the bright Florida sunshine! LOL

JustInTime

Staggs and Skipper John's presence at WDW has much more to do with the Fantasy sailing than with anything (nothing) happening in the parks.

Well, that is what all the insiders said when Joe and other Imagineers were spotted at Animal Kingdom just before the Avatar announcement. And nobody saw that coming. Let's face it, if people didn't know Avatar was coming, then there very well could be other things in the pipe that may be more secretive. I mean, they don't HAVE to stop by there. Plus Staggs spent multiple days in the parks this week.

I am sure it was just a connivence visit, but it's still fun to get excited. :D

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Friends of mine had pictures taken with Lasseter at Sunshine Tree Terrace. They noted that he was playing Sorceror's (with a McQueen card). Hopefully as he played, he noticed some of the MK's deficiencies. I'd love to have some of the Lasseter Love at the MK and WDW.

JustInTime

Friends of mine had pictures taken with Lasseter at Sunshine Tree Terrace. They noted that he was playing Sorceror's (with a McQueen card). Hopefully as he played, he noticed some of the MK's deficiencies. I'd love to have some of the Lasseter Love at the MK and WDW.

Ahh. So that marks 2 visits for Epcot and 1 for Magic Kingdom. Interesting.

Regardless of whether their visit to WDW was just because "they were there" for the Fantasy or not, it would be my hope that such creative people with power were able to see the condition that the WDW parks are in and start thinking about them more. I'd be more interested to hear what they thought about Epcot and HS--which, regardless of what state Tomorrowland is in--stand out as needing a lot of widespread work.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Regardless of whether their visit to WDW was just because "they were there" for the Fantasy or not, it would be my hope that such creative people with power were able to see the condition that the WDW parks are in and start thinking about them more. I'd be more interested to hear what they thought about Epcot and HS--which, regardless of what state Tomorrowland is in--stand out as needing a lot of widespread work.

Completely agree....it's not like they were being led around blindfolded. They had to see what was around them....and I'm sure (at least I hope) John was giving it a good look.

WDW1974

Thanks for the dose of reality ... with the side helping of sanity.

~You can try, try, try ... and they'll still believe what they wish upon a star on!~

WDW1974

I think John is going to add a Spandex Monster character to the new Monsters U film!:wave:

~Wardrobe, please!~

WDW1974

Completely agree....it's not like they were being led around blindfolded. They had to see what was around them....and I'm sure (at least I hope) John was giving it a good look.

John only has so much power in the company ... and generally his parks power starts and stops in Anaheim.

And while he is a creative genius, I'd also say he has a blind spot for his own properties (and I'm no wacked Pixar-hatin fanboi!) ... Carsland may be nice, but Car Land or Route 66 would have been better.

~Hope Brave gets better marketing than John Carter!~

Lee

Adventurer
No, not blindfolded, but they were certainly led around on a carefully planned schedule.
I assure you there were things that they were not allowed to see.
Like for instance...

Seriously? Phil can't get anyone up there to clean that?:hurl:

Attachments

• 549996595.jpg
    549996595.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 232

Magenta Panther

No, not blindfolded, but they were certainly led around on a carefully planned schedule.
I assure you there were things that they were not allowed to see.
Like for instance...
549996595.jpg

Seriously? Phil can't get anyone up there to clean that?:hurl:

Lee, your picture isn't showing up. And when I click on it, it leads to a page that says "Access denied". :confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom