Big River Grille at Boardwalk set to close in November?

Mouse Trap

Original Poster
Anyone else know more about this? Apparently employees were told October/November doors will be shutting for good. Disney's decision and not Big River.

NiarrNDisney

Not sorry to see it go! The food wasn't great the service was meh but the beer was awesome! Hopefully something better themed to the resort with the same concept of serving craft beer will replace it.

wishiwere@wdw

Ugh. I’m growing tired of this company messing with anything good that we enjoyed. This was a hidden (AFFORDABLE!) gem that we visit fairly regularly. And ironically, one of the aspects we loved was the lack of reservations. You could walk up, and if needed, wait the amount of time for your table. Imagine that! No 90 day requirement! Anyway, thank you @Mouse Trap for the heads up so we can make one last visit!

JustInTime

I love the original locations in Chattanooga, TN but the one in Orlando is terrible. None of the classic menu items. Not sad to see it go.

The Mom

Premium Member
I love the original locations in Chattanooga, TN but the one in Orlando is terrible. None of the classic menu items. Not sad to see it go.

I've been to the one in Chattanooga at least 2 dozen times. Not my favorite restaurant, and not what I would call fine or great dining, but I always knew what to expect before walking in, and it was going to be OK, not great, but not bad, either, KWIM? And we always got our growler filled to bring back to FL. ;) I've had mixed experiences at the one on the Boardwalk - which apparently is true for many others.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I've been to the one in Chattanooga at least 2 dozen times. Not my favorite restaurant, and not what I would call fine or great dining, but I always knew what to expect before walking in, and it was going to be OK, not great, but not bad, either, KWIM? And we always got our growler filled to bring back to FL. ;) I've had mixed experiences at the one on the Boardwalk - which apparently is true for many others.
Very accurate description from my point of view. The initial draw for me was that they made beer on site, which when it opened years ago was very unique. Unfortunately, the beer wasn't good to warrant repeat business from our family and the food is just your standard bar fare.

JustInTime

Oh how cool that you’ve been in my area! Love that!

But yes, I ate at the one in Orlando twice and wouldn’t go back. The ones here have fantastic seasonal options. I recommend the summer lobster tacos if you ever are around when they have them!

jwutony16

I ate there on Sunday, by far the worst meal I have ever had at WDW. Server was amazing, however the burger was terrible, no fries, ambiance was a miss. If this closes I will not miss it.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
With a Ballast Point Brewpub moving into Disneyland’s Downtown maybe they made a deal for one to replace Big River Grille as well? It wouldn’t surprise me.
That would be fantastic, a brewery that has a track record of great beers would seem to be the perfect fit if they continue with the Craft Beer Motif in that space.

ABQ

That would be fantastic, a brewery that has a track record of great beers would seem to be the perfect fit if they continue with the Craft Beer Motif in that space.
Better yet, if they want to keep with the eastern sea shore, work something out with Other Half out of New York.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom