"Big news" coming 1/5/23?

Saskdw

So if we were going for 14 nights at a Moderate we would need to make two 7 night reservations in order to get $100 per night for all 14 nights?

jinx8402

I suspected this would turn out to be a “non discount” discount.

If you were already planning to go to WDW anyway, it’s better than nothing.

But if folks crunch the numbers, it doesn’t seem to be a reason to do a WDW vacation, and I think that’s the folks they wanted to get with this.
Just like "Free Dining", it really depends on when and where you stay and for how long. Crunching numbers for CBR for our planned trip this August. It comes to 22% off for the dates we selected. A little above what they have been giving as a discount (15-20%) for moderates.

Compared to what the price for a package was just a month or so ago it is more of a 18% discount. So even if I had booked several months ago at the lower rack rate this discount would still be a discount, just not as much.

Disstevefan1

Just like "Free Dining", it really depends on when and where you stay and for how long. Crunching numbers for CBR for our planned trip this August. It comes to 22% off for the dates we selected. A little above what they have been giving as a discount (15-20%) for moderates.

Compared to what the price for a package was just a month or so ago it is more of a 18% discount. So even if I had booked several months ago at the lower rack rate this discount would still be a discount, just not as much.
The key words here are "our planned trip this August" you are already planning to go.

That said, 22% is a nice discount even though you are planning to go anyway.

If folks crunch the numbers, it seems to me, 22% is enough of a discount to sway someone on the fence to go to WDW.

So yes, it depends on the factors you mention.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Does this actually cap out at $750 or would you get the money for each day on a longer stay?
I believe the cap is 5 nights worth of whatever dollar figure is listed for your value/moderate/deluxe room, but if that's incorrect I hope someone will correct me.

jinx8402

I believe the cap is 5 nights worth of whatever dollar figure is listed for your value/moderate/deluxe room, but if that's incorrect I hope someone will correct me.
I did not read it at as there is a cap of 5 nights. Here is the fine print, which actually makes it sound like you can get more than $750....so as it is with all things Disney, it's very confusing
  • $750 Disney Dining Promo Card for stays at select Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts. The value of the Disney Dining Promo Card is determined by Disney Resort hotel and length of stay.
  • One Disney Dining Promo Card per room—valid for room-and-ticket packages that include up to $1,000 on a Disney Dining Promo Card. If a package includes more than $1,000 on a Disney Dining Promo Card, the value will be distributed across more than one Disney Dining Promo Card.
ETA:

Looking at the page, I'm convinced there isn't a cap at all for how many days and total $.

Stay in the magic with this special offer—and make sweet summer memories to savor!Get up to a $750 Disney Dining Promo Card when you purchase a non-discounted 5-night, 4-day vacation package that includes:

• A room at a select Disney Deluxe Resort or Disney Deluxe Villa Resort
  • Theme park ticket(s)
This offer is valid for arrivals most nights:

• July 1 to July 10, 2023
  • August 1 to September 14, 2023

The Up to $750 is in reference to staying 5 nights at a deluxe resort. It says up to 750 because July only gives 125 per night vs 150 in aug/sept. When taking that in account with the bullet points later in the page, saying that it is for entire length of stay and that packages that would have over $1000 promo card it will be distributed over more than 1 card.

Last edited:

Saskdw

I did not read it at as there is a cap of 5 nights. Here is the fine print, which actually makes it sound like you can get more than $750....so as it is with all things Disney, it's very confusing
  • $750 Disney Dining Promo Card for stays at select Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts. The value of the Disney Dining Promo Card is determined by Disney Resort hotel and length of stay.
  • One Disney Dining Promo Card per room—valid for room-and-ticket packages that include up to $1,000 on a Disney Dining Promo Card. If a package includes more than $1,000 on a Disney Dining Promo Card, the value will be distributed across more than one Disney Dining Promo Card.
To make it more confusing and shady it doesn't tell you the amount of the dining cards you will receive when you price out the package. It just says they will be emailed to you after you check in.

jinx8402

To make it more confusing and shady it doesn't tell you the amount of the dining cards you will receive when you price out the package. It just says they will be emailed to you after you check in.
That part I don't like. Especially with the "on most nights" caveat. You are just hoping that it is the full amount (whether the initially expected $750 max or non-capped max that I am now leaning towards).

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
ETA:

Looking at the page, I'm convinced there isn't a cap at all for how many days and total $.

The Up to $750 is in reference to staying 5 nights at a deluxe resort. It says up to 750 because July only gives 125 per night vs 150 in aug/sept. When taking that in account with the bullet points later in the page, saying that it is for entire length of stay and that packages that would have over $1000 promo card it will be distributed over more than 1 card.

Yeah, I think you're right. It's weird that it mentions $750 when the fine print says: "The value of the Disney Dining Promo Card is determined by Disney Resort hotel and length of stay." And there is no mention of caps, only that 4-night minimum, and each card maxes out at $1000.

Do they still employ any proofreaders?

jinx8402

Yeah, I think you're right. It's weird that it mentions $750 when the fine print says: "The value of the Disney Dining Promo Card is determined by Disney Resort hotel and length of stay." And there is no mention of caps, only that 4-night minimum, and each card maxes out at $1000.

Do they still employ any proofreaders?
Yeah, like I said, typical confusing Disney information. Doesn't help that all the blogs talking about it yesterday was that it was capped at $750, but the $750 is the example of staying at a deluxe for 5 nights. Probably would have helped if they gave more than one example, with one being a longer stay.

The each card maxing out at 1000 makes sense because regular gift cards are the same. That is why it says for packages that would receive more than that (say a 10 night stay at a deluxe) it would be two separate gift cards.

Nubs70

The key words here are "our planned trip this August" you are already planning to go.

That said, 22% is a nice discount even though you are planning to go anyway.

If folks crunch the numbers, it seems to me, 22% is enough of a discount to sway someone on the fence to go to WDW.

So yes, it depends on the factors you mention.
22% is enough to keep a planned trip from cancelling

MickeyLuv'r

Disney now has so many ways to 'eat' the value of these cards.

Mind, those with giftcards will do better than those who pay for food without them, but WDW can eat the value by simply raising buffet prices a few $.

Saskdw

Disney now has so many ways to 'eat' the value of these cards.

Mind, those with giftcards will do better than those who pay for food without them, but WDW can eat the value by simply raising buffet prices a few $.
That is true. I figure they are going to raise the food prices anyway whether I have a gift car or not.

I just want them to state the offer clearly so I can decide if I'm willing to pay what they want for a vacation. This smoke and mirrors crap just means it's a no from me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom