Big changes to Disney live entertainment organizational structure

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney is in the process of rolling out a major change to the organizational structure of its live entertainment.

The various fragments of local WDW Creative Entertainment, Glendale global and WDI are now falling under one umbrella of Disney Parks Live Entertainment.

The idea being that the local site entertainment teams can work closer with WDI to produce a better product, but retaining local knowledge of what each site needs.

Bettina Buckley is running the show in Walt Disney World.

Happily Ever After will be one of the first shows to open under this organization.

COProgressFan

Disney is in the process of rolling out a major change to the organizational structure of its live entertainment.

The various fragments of local WDW Creative Entertainment, Glendale global and WDI are now falling under one umbrella of Disney Parks Live Entertainment.

The idea being that the local site entertainment teams can work closer with WDI to produce a better product, but retaining local knowledge of what each site needs.

Bettina Buckley is running the show in Walt Disney World.

Happily Ever After will be one of the first shows to open under this organization.

Interesting. I have no idea what this means internally, but if it improves quality (more shows like Muppets or the live entertainment at DAK, etc.) and leads to entertainment being actually entertaining, I'm all for it. Maybe the termination of the foamhead dance party in Tomorrowland is a sign of things to come. One can hope.

seascape

Getting things shaped up before buying at least a portion of Feld's business.
After going to Ringling Brothers after many years to see one of the last cirus performance I realized how the circus has changed. I loved it all except for the lions and tigers. I have been to Disney on Ice many time and really enjoyed them. Feld is a great company that basically puts on Disney and Marvel shows and I agree Disney should buy them. In fact rumor is they were interested in the past but backef off because of the elephant issues which no bmp longer exists. Now for those intested google ringling brothers elephant reserve and see where it is. Hint it is very close to AK.

wdrive

It still surprises me that Disney does not run it's on Ice and Live shows itself. You'd certainly think that they had the infrastructure and organisation to do it.

PREMiERdrum

I'm not sure the Disney Live portion is related but more a coincidence in title, right?

Last I heard it was happening. The sudden scrapping of the Ringling Bros. show was one of the first pieces that had to fall into place. Felds are ready to cash out, and Disney can't wait til those outrageous concession prices are rolling straight to them.

Biff215

It still surprises me that Disney does not run it's on Ice and Live shows itself. You'd certainly think that they had the infrastructure and organisation to do it.
They do, but why would they want to when they can license it and let someone else do it? They still make money and benefit from the marketing, but with very little risk. The only way I could see Disney getting involved is if the level of quality was falling, similar to what happened at Disney Stores years ago.

wdrive

They do, but why would they want to when they can license it and let someone else do it? They still make money and benefit from the marketing, but with very little risk. The only way I could see Disney getting involved is if the level of quality was falling, similar to what happened at Disney Stores years ago.

Because they could make more money doing it themselves?

But I do see your point, minimal effort, time and money from Disney yet they still make money from this.

seascape

Disney would also buy them if the Felf family were going to sell, which is the reason they closed tge circus. Disney was looking into this a few years ago. No one wanted to deal with PETA and the circus issue. Too bad SeaWorld didn't learn from it.

deWild

Does it seem feasible that Disney would ever consider - after having purchased this Feld company - that they could perform their own in-house Cirque du Soleil style performance in Disney Springs?

peter11435

Does it seem feasible that Disney would ever consider - after having purchased this Feld company - that they could perform their own in-house Cirque du Soleil style performance in Disney Springs?
They would not need to purchase Feld to be able to do that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom