News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Haymarket2008

Here's my guess:

You have the PLAY, Journey of Water, and Cosmic Rewind featured. That's all new stuff.

SSE is there as an iconic anchor, but also because it was getting a thematic update.

AA is there... because of Regal Eagle?

And Horizons is there because 220, and someone forgot to tell the artist that the Horizons pavilion was razed.

And Figment and Imagination Pavilion are there because at one time they were going to announce an Imagination update. Imagination features prominently on the EPCOT model in the exposition pavilion. But, they cut it.

But the artwork was already done.

Yeah I viewed the piece as a past into future thing. The art on the left hand side is concept art from the early 1980’s and the right is the future. SSE being a constant in the middle. Idk, seems a bit interesting. Especially being designed by two imagineers. Could be nothing, I just find it notable.

Mac Tonight

I'm honestly starting to think that they'll never update the Imagination pavilion.

Ah well, I'll take the current ride over an Inside Out retheme.
They most likely won't do anything until Figment: The Animated Series is in it's third season in 2026...

Or Figment 2 hits Disney+ in 2027...

Or until someone with a creative sensibility and a love for classic Epcot calls the shots at WDI... in other words, never.

You're right though. Figment (in any iteration) > Inside Out

Brer Panther

They most likely won't do anything until Figment: The Animated Series is in it's third season in 2026...

Or Figment 2 hits Disney+ in 2027...

Or until someone with a creative sensibility and a love for classic Epcot calls the shots at WDI... in other words, never.

You're right though. Figment (in any iteration) > Inside Out
Maybe Pete Doctor could think up an idea for a Dreamfinder and Figment movie they could do at PIXAR. That could help, I think.

Homemade Imagineering

I'm honestly starting to think that they'll never update the Imagination pavilion.

Ah well, I'll take the current ride over an Inside Out retheme.
It may seem that way, but I'm sure its not the case. Something will happen, eventually... of course we've been waiting for that eventually now for 20 years, and due to COVID we won't be seeing anything happening anytime soon, understandably of course. An update was scheduled for 2025, according to Martin back in August of 2019, and imagineering has hinted towards an eventual return of something in vein of the original attraction. I'm afraid until then, we'll just have to keep waiting.

Mac Tonight

Maybe Pete Doctor could think up an idea for a Dreamfinder and Figment movie they could do at PIXAR. That could help, I think.
It really boggles the mind that Figment (and Dreamfinder) hasn't been given more of a role in other media, aside from those comic books. He's just sitting there!

Give me a Doctor Who-esque Dreamfinder and Figment show (live-action or animated) and I'm good to go!

Brer Panther

It really boggles the mind that Figment (and Dreamfinder) hasn't been given more of a role in other media, aside from those comic books. He's just sitting there!

Give me a Doctor Who-esque Dreamfinder and Figment show (live-action or animated) and I'm good to go!
Do you think Bob Iger might just have some sort of dislike for Figment?

montyz81

Photos of the demo/construction work from today

This is the area where the IBM briefing center was next to the IBM Think exhibit. I used to run full day product briefings in that meeting space during the Lotusphere conference. It is very sad to see this space complete removed. I know it isn’t original Communicore, but this experience of working inside Epcot was one that I will never forget. Such a bummer this is gone!

gerarar

Premium Member
Wall installation begins/continues (I don’t think it’s been pointed or mentioned here yet)

Attachments

• 97B0F850-491E-4325-A840-2AC272AB354A.jpeg
    97B0F850-491E-4325-A840-2AC272AB354A.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 283
Last edited by a moderator:

Figments Friend

So after all these years, they have finally realized how much better it is to have those glass panels open and exposed....letting in light as the building was originally designed to do.

Despite the carnage of seeing these buildings demolished and restructured, seeing those glass panels appear again is a plus.
A little bit of Communicore's legacy lives on....

-

aladdin2007

So after all these years, they have finally realized how much better it is to have those glass panels open and exposed....letting in light as the building was originally designed to do.

Despite the carnage of seeing these buildings demolished and restructured, seeing those glass panels appear again is a plus.

-
maybe? but I worry its going to be no different than town center at disney springs.

hpyhnt 1000

-
I suspect a lot of folks, after seeing the Communicore East buildings (finally) cleaned up and modernized, are going to turn around and look at the still empty field that was the western half and maybe (finally) realize demolishing that side wasn't such a great idea after all.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I suspect a lot of folks, after seeing the Communicore East buildings (finally) cleaned up and modernized, are going to turn around and look at the still empty field that was the western half and maybe (finally) realize demolishing that side wasn't such a great idea after all.
Well, yeah. The original plan was for them to turn around and see a futuristic three-tiered festival building, not an open plain of booths. But, you know, a worldwide pandemic happened.

Incidentally, an insider has said that the 3-tier festbuilding is back in the mix as a possibility. Thus the open field of booths rather than a plain building done on the cheap to leave their options open.

Figments Friend

That would be......fitting.

Still can't beleive they are trashing it.
Idiots.....

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom