News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

doctornick

So this has probably been discussed before, but one of the interesting things to note is that the TV show Cosmos hosted by Neil deGrasse Tyson appears on Disney+. I would presume that this means that National Geographic TV (and thus Disney now) owns the rights to the series as opposed to Fox Corp. (It's at least a little ambiguous as the series has been broadcasted on both National Geographic and on the Fox network.) Presumably the recent series Cosmos: Possible Worlds will find its way to Disney+ eventually as well.

So, basically, this is an IP that Disney owns and, well, could exploit. And it's basically a perfect fit for what Epcot could (and for many of us should) be about. I just wonder if there is any ways the powers that be could see that as an opportunity which also happens to help expand this property while appeasing vintage park fans?

Also worth noting that Disney seems to have a decent relationship with Seth MacFarlane (who is a producer for Cosmos and made the big push to make it happen) with The Orville going to be continued to be produced on Hulu.

mary2013

Also worth noting that Disney seems to have a decent relationship with Seth MacFarlane (who is a producer for Cosmos and made the big push to make it happen) with The Orville going to be continued to be produced on Hulu.
I'm not so sure Disney has a decent relationship with Seth MacFarlane. McFarlane decided to end The Orville after 1 season on Hulu, before it even aired. :(

trainplane3

I'm not so sure Disney has a decent relationship with Seth MacFarlane. McFarlane decided to end The Orville after 1 season on Hulu, before it even aired. :(
Nothing official. They're still working on Season 3. It's not a good sign about them not getting a budget for season 4 (probably because S3 isn't finished) but there's nothing saying they're officially done.

It'd be a shame since this is the most Star Trek show out there.

kurtk

Is there anyone in the construction industry that knows why they seem to be doing such a careful demolition? I would have thought they could have taken down Innoventions West much faster but they seemed to do it very slowly.

trainplane3

Is there anyone in the construction industry that knows why they seem to be doing such a careful demolition? I would have thought they could have taken down Innoventions West much faster but they seemed to do it very slowly.
Not construction smart but there's tunnels directly underneath. They probably can't risk knocking down sections and damaging those areas underneath.

zengoth

Those pictures of the concept art make it look like a really cool structure.

For somewhere else.
Despite all the downsides to the building, it would still be nice to have somewhere to go in Epcot for a 2nd or even 3rd story view (that’s not moving)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom