News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

DreamfinderGuy

If work is happening on NW, it is 90% likely that it is to come down.

I’m still under the impression that SW is where a Festival Center will go. They are just dialing back the design. Most of the spine redo is staying the same, but slightly scaled back.
I feel like they wouldn’t be doing any work if they weren’t certain on what they were gonna do. It sucks but it’s probably going down.

brihow

Exactly. I believe the new festival center is still in flux, which if this is proceeding, means that it is completely unrelated and able to proceed with the original plan.
Sorry, can you clarify - do you mean that you believe the festival center is going to be built as planned or not?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Exactly. I believe the new festival center is still in flux, which if this is proceeding, means that it is completely unrelated and able to proceed with the original plan.
Would this newly appearing 200T thing on the RCID address finder be more new festival center or reconfigured Journey of Water, if you know?...

1601867975756.png

MatheusPG

I feel like they wouldn’t be doing any work if they weren’t certain on what they were gonna do. It sucks but it’s probably going down.
If that is the case, I think I would prefer the other plan that they released concept art on. The CC/Innoventions buildings were not designed to be symmetrical and they look bizarre with the new festival center... Let's just hope that they go back and move on with the plans that Martin shared and that were thematically on par with Epcot's theme (Although knowing Disney they probably will just demolish one side and leave the other).

lazyboy97o

"Area Development" is essentially landscaping. I'm not sure how much can be read into this appearing. It could just be that an address requested some time ago was finally assigned to the area for the Journey of Water project. Area development and civil engineering is also easier to change, so they could know it will be something but not necessarily the original design.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
"Area Development" is essentially landscaping. I'm not sure how much can be read into this appearing. It could just be that an address requested some time ago was finally assigned to the area for the Journey of Water project. Area development and civil engineering is also easier to change, so they could know it will be something but not necessarily the original design.

I see that term quite often on permits, usually at the start of a project for land prep and infrastructure work.

lazyboy97o

I see that term quite often on permits, usually at the start of a project for land prep and infrastructure work.
Right, it is site work but usually refers more to the finished, visible work. In a large project you would have the Civil drawings done by a civil engineer and Area Development drawings done by the landscape architect. In fast-track or early site work projects they'll often by submitted for permitting together because they are very interrelated drawings. A civil engineer will typically be responsible for the grading, water management, most subsurface utilities and structures like retaining walls. A landscape architect is typically responsible for the landscaping materials, irrigation, hardscaping (walkways) and some small structures or at least their finished look.

trainplane3

IMDREW

Bocabear

The original structure was actually quite beautiful...Clean and modern... They needed to uncover all the glass and paint everything white, freshen up the landscape and it would have looked clean and modern and relevant again... Look what is happening in Tomorrowland... moving back to the original design...Beautiful classic John Hench modernism...

trainplane3

The original structure was actually quite beautiful...Clean and modern... They needed to uncover all the glass and paint everything white, freshen up the landscape and it would have looked clean and modern and relevant again... Look what is happening in Tomorrowland... moving back to the original design...Beautiful classic John Hench modernism...
They're trying there but it's getting wonky.

Anyways, it's like the original designs were the best and "refreshing" them in the 90s/00s was a bad idea. Looking at the entrance and what will become of East basically confirms that. A lot of work to go back to what once was.

SpoiledBlueMilk

Right, it is site work but usually refers more to the finished, visible work. In a large project you would have the Civil drawings done by a civil engineer and Area Development drawings done by the landscape architect. In fast-track or early site work projects they'll often by submitted for permitting together because they are very interrelated drawings. A civil engineer will typically be responsible for the grading, water management, most subsurface utilities and structures like retaining walls. A landscape architect is typically responsible for the landscaping materials, irrigation, hardscaping (walkways) and some small structures or at least their finished look.
Not to mention any subcontracting for MEP or structural work that needed to be done on the design.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom