News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

tparris

Quick comparison of a section of track that’s been washed, and a section that hasn’t yet.View attachment 501800
It seems they are doing it in phases, you can kinda tell here
E216E532-7FBF-4169-951A-90AA7EA861AC.jpeg

DreamfinderGuy

Finally, some actual development on the Northwest Quadrant. All of the windows nearest to Project Tomorrow have been completely removed, putting the 1994 drywall in clear view. I don't think this is concrete evidence that the building is going down because windows have been removed from the East building as well, but it's something to think about.

DreamfinderGuy

From the site that shall not be named, the 2nd floor of Electric Umbrella is now gone. History question here was the 2nd floor added in '94 or has it been there since open?View attachment 502307
'94 Addition. I believe the cause for it was because the restaurant was going to be completely isolated from Innoventions, unlike it's CommuniCore days where you could take your food around the whole building. The mezzanine level was to add extra capacity. Of course I could be completely wrong though.

Figments Friend

Yes, I can concur that the monorail beams looked much cleaner then they have appeared in quite some time.
Noticed it last week when I was being driven around the Property.
I had to do a double take....as I couldn't believe what I thought I had seen.
But it's true indeed - clean beams in many sections now.

There are large areas that show some good deep cleaning, and then areas right next to it that are still black and grimy.
Not just around Epcot either....I saw a large section along the Epcot beam on World Drive when exiting the Magic Kingdom one early evening past the parking toll plaza.

Looked great...the clean sections.
It really stood out , exspecially against the still soiled areas often right next to it.
Seemed to me they had focused on cleaning areas that were more likely to be closely viewed by Guests, or in areas where the beams are most visable ( as in, directly over Guest walkways ).

Didn't even think of mentioning it as I figured it was 'old news' by now.....but seeing the photos recently posted here reminded me of my surprise in seeing the clean beams.

Keep it up WDW.
Perhaps by next year they will all be tidy again, just in time for the 50th!
:)

-

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
'94 Addition. I believe the cause for it was because the restaurant was going to be completely isolated from Innoventions, unlike it's CommuniCore days where you could take your food around the whole building. The mezzanine level was to add extra capacity. Of course I could be completely wrong though.
Yep :)

Haymarket2008

So has a plan been approved for World Celebration? According to our "favorite" news site, they have continued progress for the NW quadrant to be demolished.

trainplane3

I swear I didn't see this a few days (and if it's been pointed out, whoops) ago but there's an area name for West work:

west1.JPG

It doesn't mean much for us other then, well, there's work going on.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I swear I didn't see this a few days (and if it's been pointed out, whoops) ago but there's an area name for West work:

View attachment 502740
Yes, that's new. I checked out that area just about a week ago.

That's the area that Journey of Water was supposed to go... which could have major or minor changes depending on what the new festival building is going to be.

DreamfinderGuy

View attachment 502740
It’s been there since at least the 1st, I figured it would’ve been pointed out by now. Also in West news, the main entrance has been completely ripped open.
F82FE2E8-7141-4E2C-9622-48F3171F30D1.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom