News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

DreamfinderGuy

I’ve actually heard that Disney wants Mousegear, New Club Cool, and Electric Umbrella open by the start of the 50th. I’m not sure how recent that prospect is, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable.
One year to finish up three in progress projects? Seems like more than enough time. Now if you were talking about the entire refurbished East building by the 50th, that might be a little less plausible but I'm sure they could still pull it off.

nickys

Premium Member
One year to finish up three in progress projects? Seems like more than enough time. Now if you were talking about the entire refurbished East building by the 50th, that might be a little less plausible but I'm sure they could still pull it off.

<ahem>, AK, roof, <cough>

Just stayin’. 😉

nickys

Premium Member
I’m asking more in hope than expectation, but is there any news on the FoN replacement? What’s the current thinking about this?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They already started demolition though, correct? I seem to remember shedding a few tears over it’s demise.
FoN is completely gone.

The minor projects of the hub: fountain, Dreamer's Point, Wishing Tree, party/entertainment space have gone unmentioned by Disney and by our insiders. Most likely the status of these minor projects will depend on what WDW finally decides the reimagined festival center will be.

Franklin47disneyguy

FoN is completely gone.

The minor projects of the hub: fountain, Dreamer's Point, Wishing Tree, party/entertainment space have gone unmentioned by Disney and by our insiders. Most likely the status of these minor projects will depend on what WDW finally decides the reimagined festival center will be.

Those can be done at reasonable expense I would say. What about the Moana thing?

wdwyellow1

Does the tunnel that runs below those buildings play any role in them deciding what they can put where? I wondered if that's why they placed the festival center towards the end where Club Cool was, so it can connect to the tunnel and supplies can be brought from the entryway by UoE for events.

tparris

Does the tunnel that runs below those buildings play any role in them deciding what they can put where? I wondered if that's why they placed the festival center towards the end where Club Cool was, so it can connect to the tunnel and supplies can be brought from the entryway by UoE for events.
Using the tunnel by Energy for supply access wouldn’t make any sense, the East and West sides aren’t connected.

wdwyellow1

Oh, I thought both sides were connected per the below map.

qk3h7bd9fcc31.jpg
p

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Knowing that at least the basic structures of Communicore are going to be salvaged makes me happy. I wish we could get the SW corner rebuilt.
Actually, signs point to NW going the way of SW and a new building taking their place.

But until SW goes down and WDW makes up their mind of the final form of the festival center, anything can happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom