News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So we know for sure these cuts are going to the splash disaster? If your going to give in and destroy the best ride then at least give it a new budget not short change everything else.

No one knows, not even Disney, because no one knows what COVID and any potential recession will do to income. Without sufficient income, things planned will get cut and only the most necessary and top prioritized projects will go forward. And then there may be a few years of nothing else happening until the profit train is back to full steam. (Keep in mind a good chunk of Capex is to maintain and upgrade infrastructure, and after that, there may be nothing left for additions.)

The Splash retheme is obviously now a top priority. And that may bump other projects off the to-do list. But we won't know if it was Splash's 'fault' or if those projects would have been delayed or cut anyway due to the current situation.

Anyone who says they know for sure is not trustworthy since it's pretty impossible for Disney to know for sure at this time. The only thing an insider may be able to provide is the *current* list of prioritized projects... which can change, and can only be implemented cash-allowing.

HauntedMansionFLA

No one knows, not even Disney, because no one knows what COVID and any potential recession will do to income. Without sufficient income, things planned will get cut and only the most necessary and top prioritized projects will go forward. And then there may be a few years of nothing else happening until the profit train is back to full steam. (Keep in mind a good chunk of Capex is to maintain and upgrade infrastructure, and after that, there may be nothing left for additions.)

The Splash retheme is obviously now a top priority. And that may bump other projects off the to-do list. But we won't know if it was Splash's 'fault' or if those projects would have been delayed or cut anyway due to the current situation.

Anyone who says they know for sure is not trustworthy since it's pretty impossible for Disney to know for sure at this time. The only thing an insider may be able to provide is the *current* list of prioritized projects... which can change, and can only be implemented cash-allowing.
Well said. Plus, there were a bunch of liens for unpaid construction bills that were listed over in the permits thread. Baby steps.

The Grand Inquisitor

Rat will open. Tron will open. I’d be surprised if the coaster in the box didn’t.

I’d wager anything else that is completed may not be completed to the vision of six months ago.
Oh ok that would make the most sense. This really does stink. I was hoping for EPCOT to get a much needed fix up, I still hope Disney can pull it off and that the 50th next year will be great.

Homemade Imagineering

They never should have demolished it but gut it and redo the inside. I really wish we were getting a Figment overhaul of imagination and Coco being added to Mexico.
Same here, although Martin did say that Coco isn’t happening so far. As for figment, they are going to be forced to eventually address the Pavillion, although eventually is a key word, because who knows how much longer we’ll have to wait 😕.

here is Martin’s quote about Coco
AFAIK it’s currently not happening.

The Grand Inquisitor

Same here, although Martin did say that Coco isn’t happening so far. As for figment, they are going to be forced to eventually address the Pavillion, although eventually is a key word, because who knows how much longer we’ll have to wait 😕.

here is Martin’s quote about Coco
That's a shame it makes total sense. It would be a fantastic ride.

Homemade Imagineering

That's a shame it makes total sense. It would be a fantastic ride.
Yeah, although I’m not sure if Grand Fiesta Tour is a priority, since it’s already a fairly solid attraction imo, and guests still ride it and have a nice time. I feel like the Seas with Nemo and Friends needs more attention than Grand Fiesta Tour does, same thing with Figment. At least they’re doing something with Wonders of Life.

The Grand Inquisitor

Yeah, although I’m not sure if Grand Fiesta Tour is a priority, since it’s already a fairly solid attraction imo, and guests still ride it and have a nice time. I feel like the Seas with Nemo and Friends needs more attention than Grand Fiesta Tour does, same thing with Figment. At least they’re doing something with Wonders of Life.
I agree Gran Fiesta is a great ride. Nemo and Figment need some attention.

SpaceMountain77

I’m quite hopeful this could be a pause for thought the park needs. Before it’s destroyed anymore.

Maybe we’ll get something proper and worthy. And not the misplaced crap from d23. Albeit too late for Energy.

@marni1971 , if you had previously posted this elsewhere, then I apologize for asking, however, are we at a point where you can share the other ideas that had been considered for UoE?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom