News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Green lakes in Florida are a sign of health. If they becomes too clear it means it is not doing well.

Just how many 'bad' clear lakes are there? And what makes them both bad and clear (other than in the case of some springs, which we all know none of lakes on property are)?

Clamman73

Thinking about you...
4FD99A22-44EC-4979-A09E-9C1173CDE4B2.jpeg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
No it's a lake. In Florida. Mostly healthy. If it was a springhead it would be clear. And probably much smaller.

A lake can be spring fed but is still a lake.

So, I ask you again:

Just how many 'bad' clear lakes are there? And what makes them both bad and clear (other than in the case of some springs, which we all know none of lakes on property are)?

This is based on you claiming clear lakes aren't do well. Where are the clear lakes you're talking about?

jt04

So, I ask you again:

This is based on you claiming clear lakes aren't do well. Where are the clear lakes you're talking about?

I've had many people comment to me and heard people comment that Florida lakes are dirty. In many parts of the country lakes are clear and that is what people are used to. It is an easy mistake but I like to "mythbust" it. Greenish brown water in Florida lakes is normal. Of course stagnant lakes are green too but that is a different condition. WS lagoon isn't getting stagnant.

I believe the fountains at Coronado and LBV are to help oxygenate the water and help avoid that situation. Just a guess.

Last edited:

DVCakaCarlF

I've had many people comment to me and heard people comment that Florida lakes are dirty. In many parts of the country lakes are clear and that is what people are used to. It is an easy mistake but I like to "mythbust" it. Greenish brown water in Florida lakes is normal. Of course stagnant lakes are green too but that is a different condition. WS lagoon isn't getting stagnent.

I believe the fountains at Coronado and LBV are to help oxygenate the water and help avoid that situation. Just a guess.
I’ve never seen naturally clear water...usually when it’s blue or clear, it’s been treated. Alternatively, as you mentioned, fountains and pumps help agitate the water to prevent algae and other life from developing.

jt04

I’ve never seen naturally clear water...usually when it’s blue or clear, it’s been treated. Alternatively, as you mentioned, fountains and pumps help agitate the water to prevent algae and other life from developing.

You have to check out a high volume Florida spring sometime. Should be on every bucket list. I recommend Blue Springs in the winter or Ichetucknee in the summer. 🐟

lazyboy97o

I've had many people comment to me and heard people comment that Florida lakes are dirty. In many parts of the country lakes are clear and that is what people are used to. It is an easy mistake but I like to "mythbust" it. Greenish brown water in Florida lakes is normal. Of course stagnant lakes are green too but that is a different condition. WS lagoon isn't getting stagnant.

So again, you don’t actually know and are just saying something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom