News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I would not want something lackluster like something at Six Flags
The best thing that Six Flags has ever built (which, for the record, is Ride of Steel at SF:Darien Lake [which is better than its mirror copy at SF:America because of the water at SFDL]) still pales in comparison to the lamest attraction for new Epcot (which, for the record, is the BATB singalong).

999th Happy Haunt

The best thing that Six Flags has ever built (which, for the record, is Ride of Steel at SF:Darien Lake [which is better than its mirror copy at SF:America because of the water at SFDL]) still pales in comparison to the lamest attraction for new Epcot (which, for the record, is the BATB singalong).
El Toro at Great Adventure would like to have a word with you

WDW Guru

Only reason Darien Lakes Ride of Steel is better is because Six Flags America somehow actively strives to be the worst Six Flags park.

rreading

Disney should just delay until they make the money/capital for a quality product.

Scaling back and rushing the deadline with a unfinished but finalized look like Journey into YOUR Imagination is just not good.

Disney promised a transformation for Epcot. I would not want something lackluster like something at Six Flags

This is what I have been wondering about as well. There is clearly discussion about delaying Epcot's reopening after that of the other parks. So if the balance sheets are starting to improve and life's getting back to normal, I wonder if they would take that opportunity to get Epcot's product truly updated (Rat/GoTG/Space/Moana/Harmonious) and reopen it as a "Renewed Epcot".

Could they fix SSE's track on a short timetable or would it take just as long as the entire redo? If so then just get SSE's mechanics an update rather than the 3yr overhaul so that it can be reopened at the same time as the rest? Otherwise, defer the SSE redo for the time being.

The main things that Epcot would then be awaiting would be Mary Poppins, new pavilions and a revamped Imagination.

sedati

A slow-moving omni-mover ride with great air conditioning where you listen to Jeromy Irons tell you the history of whatnot for forty whole minutes while you sip wine and nibble away at a charcuterie board.
There, just wash your hands before and after and I've condensed the modern Epcot experience into a single experience that's safe and practices social distance.

RSoxNo1

When the parks closed in March what was the status of the Innoventions West Breezeway? Was it totally walled off? When was Future World West traffic diverted backstage towards The Seas?

OvertheHorizon

I was at Disney World at the end of February and pedestrian traffic was diverted toward The Seas at that time (on the west) and past the former Universe of Energy on the east side. Walls were set up just beyond the exits to Spaceship Earth. There was no access through the Innoventions West Breezeway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom