News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

MatheusPG

No, we're celebrating it. Big difference.

I don't think that i was so happy to hear about budget cuts like now. When someone in this thread reminded of the magic tree, i reminded of how laughably bad that new Epcot was going to be and, how despite these budget cuts won't give us an ideal park, at least it maintains the hope alive, something that would be basically destroyed by the new generic park with the feel and looks of a regular amusement park with very few rides.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't think that i was so happy to hear about budget cuts like now. When someone in this thread reminded of the magic tree, i reminded of how laughably bad that new Epcot was going to be and, how despite these budget cuts won't give us an ideal park, at least it maintains the hope alive, something that would be basically destroyed by the new generic park with the feel and looks of a regular amusement park with very few rides.
Budget cuts are going to kill the things that you were looking forward to or we're hoping Disney would do, too.

nickys

Premium Member
I know this will never happen but I would love to see Horizons brought back on the SW plot. Probably a different type of building but similar ride experience.

This needs a “Make it so” meme.

Had to think about “SW plot“ for a moment - I’m assuming the south west Innoventions pile of rubble. The ride building would dwarf the rest of the Spine, wouldn’t it? These things aren’t small and dainty.

The Rocketeer

If the spine project is indeed scaled back so much so that they just add a new fountain, rebuild the demolished portion of Innoventions West, and they cut Journey of Water and the egg, do you think they will forget about the idea of the neighborhoods?

Future World isn’t the most appropriate name anymore obviously, but one name for the entire area is less confusing than 3 for the average guest trying to get directions to their next Fastpass.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Disney should just delay until they make the money/capital for a quality product.

Scaling back and rushing the deadline with a unfinished but finalized look like Journey into YOUR Imagination is just not good.

Disney promised a transformation for Epcot. I would not want something lackluster like something at Six Flags

As opposed to bungling it as they've done over the past 26 years, since Epcot '94?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom