News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member

Good news and bad news.
No mention of Journey of Water if that gets cancelled if the demolition of Innoventions West is now just pointless
What even is this article?

Disney is losing $350,000 a day due to park closures?? I’m not an insider but I’d bet that’s a lot closer what my local IKEA store is losing per day than Disney Parks, which has billions in annual expenses (I’d guesstimate Disney’s losses from park closures in the range of $25-$50 million dollars per day).

The rest just reads like most of the guessing threads around the internet. Weird article.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Good news and bad news.
No mention of Journey of Water if that gets cancelled if the demolition of Innoventions West is now just pointless

When you [the author of the article] talk about the re-do of Imagination as if there was something greenlit... it's to be taken with a spoonful of salt.

trainplane3

When you [the author of the article] talk about the re-do of Imagination as if there was something greenlit... it's to be taken with a spoonful of salt.
I'm pretty sure that user posted on a few people/sites I follow on Twitter that "x" is canceled/abandoned. They even started a now deleted thread here about the same topic. Yes, construction is going to be in a weird spot. No that doesn't mean you can copy paste that everything Disney is doing is doomed and canceled. Take a chill pill and wait a bit. There's better things to worry about.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
What even is this article?

Disney is losing $350,000 a day due to park closures?? I’m not an insider but I’d bet that’s a lot closer what my local IKEA store is losing per day than Disney Parks, which has billions in annual expenses (I’d guesstimate Disney’s losses from park closures in the range of $25-$50 million dollars per day).

The rest just reads like most of the guessing threads around the internet. Weird article.

Here are the parks and resorts numbers for 2018. Looking this, $350,000 seems low.

1585146384556.png

Josh Hendy

So ... we think that the hot mess that is Future World can be cleaned up sufficiently with completion of GotG and the restaurant, possibly completing the Play Pavilion, and planting flower beds everywhere else? And I assume completing Remy.

I said it before ... a simple, ground-level beer garden would suffice. You can't use the space under the beer garden on stilts anyways ... and is Future World really enhanced by the addition of a drinking venue for George Jetson?

What am I saying ... they are probably counting on $elling ticket$ up there for premium viewing of Hamonius ...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
A few week ago we had this permit for the old address of Pin Central.
3/10/2020 - Epcot - Interamerica Stage
1400 #A Avenue of the Stars (Pin Central) - Rigging and installation of owner furnished pylons (3)

Today we have this one..
3/26/2020 - Epcot - Cockram Scenario Inc
1400 #A Ave of the Stars (Pin Central) - (3) Water Fountain Light Enclosures

Someone suggested last time that this might be for the fountain at the main entrance, and although the address doesn't line up the descriptions would seem to make sense, and this is one of the few areas we new work would be underway.

DreamfinderGuy

A few week ago we had this permit for the old address of Pin Central.
3/10/2020 - Epcot - Interamerica Stage
1400 #A Avenue of the Stars (Pin Central) - Rigging and installation of owner furnished pylons (3)

Today we have this one..
3/26/2020 - Epcot - Cockram Scenario Inc
1400 #A Ave of the Stars (Pin Central) - (3) Water Fountain Light Enclosures

Someone suggested last time that this might be for the fountain at the main entrance, and although the address doesn't line up the descriptions would seem to make sense, and this is one of the few areas we new work would be underway.
The pylons are definitely for the fountain. Light enclosures would line up too, considering the original pylons had them. Hopefully these will be a little more high tech than the old lighting solution for that fountain.

Movielover

The pylons are definitely for the fountain. Light enclosures would line up too, considering the original pylons had them. Hopefully these will be a little more high tech than the old lighting solution for that fountain.

Honestly that's the element I'm looking forward to the most about this renovation. With the advancement in lighting and audio technology since Epcot's construction I really hope they can add a lot more lighting and sound to the area.

EPCOTCenterLover

Looking at Westcoaster's recent photos of Tivoli Gardens, all I can say is- I hope the designers of the new Future World take a look at what beauty can be achieved from landscaping. What Tivoli has done is simply stunning!

Last edited:

Josh Hendy

Looking at Westcoaster's recent photos of Tivoli Gardens, all I can say is- I hope the designers of the new Future World take. look at what beauty can be achieved from landscaping. What Tivoli has done is simply stunning!
Good point. A normal beer garden as found in European parks (or Busch Gardens) would be nice in Epcot.

The Jetsons "beer garden in the sky" may be as much about upselling fireworks seating as it is about keeping the theme of Futureworld. But it's a really expensive, elaborate structure that they might eliminate, and they may cut the show budget anyways. So if cost cutting takes hold Disney might fall between two (bar) stools and end up with both an empty FW spine and an unimpressive nighttime show.

Haymarket2008

But in reality, how damaging will all this be to the Future World overhaul? Most of the work seems to be cosmetic changes to landscaping and a sprucing up of existing infrastructure (minus the Festival Center). I hope that what was planned won’t be too hindered. We can ditch Journey of Water and the bar on stilts and still come out of this in a positive way. I just don’t see them letting Epcot rot any longer. It’s a serious issue they finally addressed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom