News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

MikeTaylorSound

I think we're gonna see projects cut because of the shutdowns. EPCOT will suffer.

Cuts:
SSE enhancement
Play pavilion
Moana-inspired water feature
Two-story fireworks viewing area

Additions:
Rat, Guardians, and Space 220 will be it for at least a decade (I hope I'm wrong).

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I think we're gonna see projects cut because of the shutdowns. EPCOT will suffer.

Cuts:
SSE enhancement
Play pavilion

Additions:
Rat, Guardians, and Space 220 will be it for at least a decade (I hope I'm wrong).
I also think we will see cuts. But none of the things you list I think will be cut.

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

Cuts:
SSE enhancement
Play pavilion

Additions:

Rather than the things you mentioned, others will (probably) be cut. Coco Retheme of Gran Fiesta, Imag. redo, etc.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Cuts:
SSE enhancement
Play pavilion

Additions:

Play pavillion may be far enough along not to get cut. There have already been permits filed for show set installation.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Cuts:
SSE enhancement
Play pavilion

Additions:
They wont cut it if the money is already spent, which it is.

Figments Friend

Stuff from today:
mouse-gear-gutted-epcot-02202020-2.jpg

mouse-gear-gutted-epcot-02202020-14.jpg

Second floor shot:
mouse-gear-gutted-epcot-02202020-11.jpg

Wow...
That second photo, with the half destroyed 'Wand' fixture is really kind of sad to see.

I REALLY really hope it is true that the old partial 'Dream Machine' remnant from JII that used to hang on a wall truly was removed and saved.
I have yet to receive any real confirmation on that to date.

Looking at this is sobering.

-

Figments Friend

Gotta say, it took some doing to take a stupendous, awesome theme park fully loaded with tons of attractions and a huge, loyal fan base and billions of dollars of accumulated revenues and decades of stellar profits ... and then through neglect, inattention, carelessness and penny-crunching, turn it into the biggest mess in WDW.

I know the mess is temporary but come on ... this was a great theme park from opening day, not a hastily thrown-together improvisation with a bad layout like Disney-MGM was.

This.

100%

-

DreamfinderGuy

Play pavillion may be far enough along not to get cut. There have already been permits filed for show set installation.
Was there last night and the doors to the pavilion were wide open. Lots of steel framing around the area between Frontiers and Body Wars, along with a bunch of flood lights. Of course I can only do so much with a digital zoom iPhone camera, so you'll have to take my word for it.

No Name

They should take the time to pause this disaster of s plan. They should keep the undemolished part and instead demolish where mousegear was to even the sides and open up the park. Then use the existing remaining structures and build one large structure where the fountain was so it's central.

I agree, but the fact that they weren’t smart enough to do something like that from the start makes me wonder why they’d change the plan now. Even if certain elements get cut, I guarantee they’ll still find a way to make it look ridiculously half-baked and off-balance.

I like Epcot’s new logo and branding, I like the upping capacity, I like the front redesign, but not the center area.

DoleWhipDrea

Now that all construction has been halted, they’re going to have an opportunity to take another look at these plans. When it comes to the parks, I’m not generally someone that celebrates budget cuts, but let’s be real - a lot of the EPCOT plans are looking to spend money on things a lot of us aren’t excited about. I think the Events Pavilion is a giant waste of money when there are more efficient ways of getting mostly the same end result...without suddenly ruining the design of the park.

Time to spend money wisely.

Homemade Imagineering

Now that all construction has been halted, they’re going to have an opportunity to take another look at these plans. When it comes to the parks, I’m not generally someone that celebrates budget cuts, but let’s be real - a lot of the EPCOT plans are looking to spend money on things a lot of us aren’t excited about. I think the Events Pavilion is a giant waste of money when there are more efficient ways of getting mostly the same end result...without suddenly ruining the design of the park.

Time to spend money wisely.
I agree. Hopefully any budget cuts, large or small, will be directed towards projects that can be somewhat flexible, such as the play pavilion. Hopefully they’ll use their budget wisely for something in the future like imagination’s eventual redo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom