News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

rle4lunch

Think about this tho. With the shutdown of the parks, technically they can have crews working non differential shifts, reducing extra night time hourly rates, or for that matter, have crews working 24/7, which could exponentially shorten build times..

I know, don't say it...

Mike S

Does anyone know for sure if construction and demo will continue during shut down. It would be great if it did.
It really should. As long as the people are screened and don’t have the virus they should take full advantage of this situation and get the most work done without guests in the way as possible. Maybe do some thorough sweeps of everything in the parks too and get everything that can be fixed in this amount of time fixed.

UNCgolf

Maybe do some thorough sweeps of everything in the parks too and get everything that can be fixed in this amount of time fixed.

This is exactly what they should be doing. It's even more important than finishing the ongoing construction.

There are so many attractions that need maintenance work, but they don't want to take them offline and reduce capacity so they just do the minimum in the evenings to keep them going. They should be using this time to get as much of that maintenance done as possible and have the parks/attractions functioning better than they have in decades. Fix all the broken effects, clean things, etc.

Unfortunately, I doubt they have any plans to do any of that.

Last edited:

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

If the latest mumblings are correct, EPCOT may be closed until Fall for construction. The other parks would reopen, obviously, but mehhhh. The park's reopening would be marked by Remy's Ratatouille Adventure and Food and Wine 2020, which would have a shorter run this year.

jt04

If the latest mumblings are correct, EPCOT may be closed until Fall for construction. The other parks would reopen, obviously, but mehhhh. The park's reopening would be marked by Remy's Ratatouille Adventure and Food and Wine 2020, which would have a shorter run this year.

It would be good to have a brand new attraction when it reopens to draw crowds. Between that and RotR I think bringing guests back in droves is likely. Not penalizing AP passholders was very smart.

dreday3

What do you mean closed for construction? They are going to keep working on everything while shutdown? So they can open with all the buildings finished, etc?

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

What do you mean closed for construction? They are going to keep working on everything while shutdown? So they can open with all the buildings finished, etc?

I mean completely closed. No guests in the park, just construction. And this is during (and after) the closure of the other parks due to Covid-19. Just a rumor though, so don't take my word from it.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
That would explain letting go of all the performers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom