News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

DreamfinderGuy

Question...while in the temporary MouseGear last week I noticed the background music. Anyone know if that's part of the newly composed music for the park? Also, I felt like I heard hints of the FW music we currently know and love mixed in. Did I really hear that, or was it just wishful thinking?
That is the area loop from Colortopia, the attraction that was formerly in that space before it became a merchandise area.

jt04

The screens were always planned but the budget was shifted around which meant the finale became rather lacklustre.

Here's a question. Are the supports for the pin central shade structure able to stand freely or is everything (cables and supports) dependent on each other for support?

If it is the later it might be awhile to disassemble it I would guess.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Here's a question. Are the supports for the pin central shade structure able to stand freely or is everything (cables and supports) dependent on each other for support?

Not being a huge fan of them I’ve never looked into it. I say take the cables off and see what happens.

trainplane3

Not being a huge fan of them I’ve never looked into it. I say take the cables off and see what happens.
I seem to remember a picture of the poles going up and then the cables being strung across. I mean, they aren't anything other then rollercoaster supports but without the coaster (oh god WDI, don't get any ideas).

I am a fan of cutting stuff and seeing what happens, so lets go with that plan.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Number one film in Mexico of all time. Made .8 billion dollars. Every year Disney increases the presence of Coco in their domestic parks. Almost had a Coco overlay of Gran Fiesta, but was cut for budget, but is still in the wings waiting its turn.

And Disney continues to showcase Coco..

Hotamber

There will be another fountain, seemingly smaller going by the artist's concept. There will also be a walk-through interactive water feature. There will be a three tiered festival center. There will be some sort of interactive 'tree' thing. There will be a space for picnicking with some sort of entertainment (streetmosphere). There will be Walt statue. There will be a new QS and table service restaurant where Electric Umbrella was. And Mouse Gears will be newly reinvisioned merch center.
But there will be no free soda or club cool

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Really I have not seen that in anything offical. Plus with the Disney Springs Coke store do they really need Epcot anymore
Disney’s press release when they closed club cool said that it would be relocated, not closed. I assume the Coca-Cola Company is partially driving on this one.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
But there will be no free soda or club cool
Really I have not seen that in anything offical. Plus with the Disney Springs Coke store do they really need Epcot anymore

You're very far behind in Epcot news to be definitively saying what will or won't be.

Disney's own plans have been set forth in their Parks Blog, Press Release Site, and a whole exposition center now located at Odyssey. This has been known for months.

The beer garden was a rumor. Instead, a three tiered festival center. And Club Cool will be relocated.

BoarderPhreak

Good riddance to that stupid canopy and Pin Central. A blight on Future World.

i.php

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom