News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

tparris

MG should be up by the end of summer at the very latest. I’d be surprised if EU’s replacement was up before the end of the year. And, make “wall to the right” into “wall with gap to the right.”
Do you know how soon demo will start on the rest of Innoventions West?

kevlightyear

I just realized that the Play Disney Parks app has the southern half of Innoventions West removed, but it still shows the RoE globe in the lagoon. They're all over the place.

IMG_1A48DE47BA2A-1.jpeg

Epcot82Guy

Wondering if Sunshine Seasons will have a better burger? The Disney Puck Burger just doesn't fit their level of quality.

That's a good point. Some kind of simple, but well done burger and a veggie-friendly burger with unique sides would actually fit them quite well.

CJR

Looking at the concept art, it appears they plan to remove the covered passageway from Innoventions East. They will likely want to have that accomplished before Mouse Gears reopens.

Just curious, what art are you referring to? I've only seen art with the breezway (with its cover) still there.

Here's a couple pieces that come to my mind:
Epcot_Full_35932.jpg
Epcot_Full_35973.jpg

Anyone know if there's art out there without the breezeway? I would love to see it.

I believe I remember @marni1971 mentioning that the cover/roof will still be coming down though, even with the art previously showing it. Art reflecting this would be interesting to see, just because it'll look very different when it's done.

OvertheHorizon

Just curious, what art are you referring to? I've only seen art with the breezway (with its cover) still there.
Sorry, CJR, I stand corrected on concept art. I think I was reacting to the new maps that show open space between the north and south ends of Innoventions East. But perhaps the park maps have always omitted the covered breezeways through Innoventions.

CJR

Sorry, CJR, I stand corrected on concept art. I think I was reacting to the new maps that show open space between the north and south ends of Innoventions East. But perhaps the park maps have always omitted the covered breezeways through Innoventions.

It's all good, I was just interested to see anything that might show it. I was under the impression that it was still coming down, but if it's not, that's a big win (EDIT: I just realized how sad it is, that keeping the things we already had/have is now thought of as "big wins" :hilarious:).

Last edited:

SoFloMagic

Sorry about that, I thought it was you from back when the art was released. A lot of conversations have happened though. Thanks for replying back!
I feel like that was maybe the other option? Keep both east and west but demolish the breezeway covers to make it feel more open?

But that could be wrong too...

CJR

I feel like that was maybe the other option? Keep both east and west but demolish the breezeway covers to make it feel more open?

But that could be wrong too...

It could be, honestly, I was basing it off memory, but that was way back in August.

It's not really a big enough deal to dig and look, I just thought official art without would be interesting to see. I honestly have no memory of it.

I love looking at concept art, especially since more often than not, it looks nicer than the real thing.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Do you know how soon demo will start on the rest of Innoventions West?
It's started. There were pics of some of the outer walls being removed in some sections.

My apologies. I was incorrect. I went looking for the pics and it was the fascia of old MouseGears that was pulled off, not what's left of Innoventions West.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom