News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

ImperfectPixie

If there's anything I'm happy about, it's that it's not a hard effect to bring back. No turntable, hydraulic, yeti trickery here. Just some basic fiber optics. This seems like such a shoe in for the new Epcot. They want it to be more "magical"? Have these leading up to the drinking table on that weird pink pathway. Have them scattered around the neighborhoods.

In the art, they show off that Avatar Wishing tree. Why not have a new version of these around it?
That would be amazing...I really hope they DO read these forums and that they realize that WDW isn't just about huge rides and restaurants...it's about special places like this and bringing families together so they can enjoy spending time with one another.

CJR

It's still there with "Pin Central" signage but they sell the "new" Epcot merch now, no pins.
Also:

7mASBcD.jpg

twGJKde.jpg

IO08ev7.jpg

wiz19Jb.jpg

And some poorly shot, extremely rushed pictures of the "stars":
8J08Wv9.jpg

4sB2LDi.jpg

Bob Chapek, if you're looking to cut budgets to make up for Asia, Disney probably won't get complaints if these tiles survive. Hint, hint.

We can all win something here. Disney saves money and magical pathways can be preserved. It's not too late.

Thelazer

I loved Electric Umbrella. Not because the food was great or anything like that, but because every time I went in there it gave me a massive nostalgia blast of being like 10 or 11 and eating there. Since it was basically unchanged from the mid-90s, there was always a small part of my brain that could pretend I was going to walk outside and Future World was going to still have Horizons, Wonders of Life, Seabase Alpha, and the original Imagination pavilion.

But what will happen with the crackle neon? That stuff isn't found much these days anymore.

trainplane3

But what will happen with the crackle neon? That stuff isn't found much these days anymore.
Probably trashed. Why'd they save it? It's only neon.
Don't want to sound mean but that's probably the thought process behind it.

Also took these a few days ago. I couldn't bring myself to actually try the food there though.
pIiwH0H.jpg

5AXOdPC.jpg

Last edited:

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Were there / are there also some light up sidewalks by Imagination or am I just, well, imagining that?

Figment82

Made a quick trip over this evening to say goodbye to the plaza area, especially the fiber optic sidewalks. There was quite a crowd - a good mix of bloggers, families, and fans enjoying them one last time and people walking through exclaiming that they had never seen them before and they must be new 😂. And Electric Umbrella had probably the largest crowd I’ve seen in a long time.

I feel like the majority of my recent trips to Epcot have been to say farewell to something. It’s getting very depressing. I do hope they’ll bring back the lighted pathway effect in some way - it’s such a simple thing that brings so much joy.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Made a quick trip over this evening to say goodbye to the plaza area, especially the fiber optic sidewalks. There was quite a crowd - a good mix of bloggers, families, and fans enjoying them one last time and people walking through exclaiming that they had never seen them before and they must be new 😂. And Electric Umbrella had probably the largest crowd I’ve seen in a long time.

I feel like the majority of my recent trips to Epcot have been to say farewell to something. It’s getting very depressing. I do hope they’ll bring back the lighted pathway effect in some way - it’s such a simple thing that brings so much joy.

Every relationship ends in tragedy. -Doctor Manhattan

jrhwdw

Forgive me if this is a non issue but why is Test Track NOT on any of the new signage?!?! Is it not coming back from referb on time???? Wouldn't guests want to know where TT is?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom