News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I am guessing this is where the elevator and stairs to the tunnels are...

1578840317911.png

1578840368061.png

trainplane3

I am guessing this is where the elevator and stairs to the tunnels are...

View attachment 440753

View attachment 440754
I'll assume that's where they'll stick the elevator (or at least the freight elevator) for the table? If someone wants to take the elevator shaft as a point of reference, we can get a much more accurate placement of this thing.
world-celebration-epcot-festival-center-model-15.jpg

Also, concrete work inbound for around SSE?

SoFloMagic

A certain unscrupulous site says that taste track will be back for festival of the arts, serving burgers and fries, and that electric umbrella will be going down at that point. It seems a little nuts that they'd replace a QS with a kiosk, but it got me wondering if the central spine is going to be shut down once electric umbrella closes or if they'll wait. Anyone have any knowledge or thoughts on this?

Haymarket2008

As of this morning, the left side of walkway alongside of Spaceship Earth was completely walled off. Jackhammers galore.

Haven’t been to Epcot in almost a year and.....it’s an absolute mess. World Showcase is in decent shape, but the glaring omission of anything of substance out of Future World is deafening. They can’t get this work finished fast enough. Seeing it in this state has me really looking forward to the changes. As much as I’m not thrilled with the overall direction, the park needs a major shot in the arm.

jt04

As of this morning, the left side of walkway alongside of Spaceship Earth was completely walled off. Jackhammers galore.

Haven’t been to Epcot in almost a year and.....it’s an absolute mess. World Showcase is in decent shape, but the glaring omission of anything of substance out of Future World is deafening. They can’t get this work finished fast enough. Seeing it in this state has me really looking forward to the changes. As much as I’m not thrilled with the overall direction, the park needs a major shot in the arm.

They finally found a way to create a queue for JII consistantly. 🎯

Just a joke. 🃏

philly97flyer

This park needed more stuff to do, and updates to the stuff that was already there, in buildings that already existed. They did not need to dig the entire place from the bottom up. What a massive swing and miss this whole project is. Looking forward to everything though so we can stop seeing this masterpiece of a park as a constant construction zone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom