News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

cpc98

Sorry if this has been posted before and I missed it - I’m a longtime lurker and this is my first time posting.

Do we have any idea of a date for SSE’s refurb? I’m planning a trip for spring, and wondering if it may still be open by then. Again, sorry if this has been asked a lot. I just wanted to know if there’s any updated info :)

jt04

Sorry if this has been posted before and I missed it - I’m a longtime lurker and this is my first time posting.

Do we have any idea of a date for SSE’s refurb? I’m planning a trip for spring, and wondering if it may still be open by then. Again, sorry if this has been asked a lot. I just wanted to know if there’s any updated info :)

Nothing confirmed yet. I'd guess the odds are about even if will still be open. Welcome to this side of the mirror.

donsullivan

Premium Member

Nothing officially confirmed yet, but the last schedule I heard was that the start got pushed out a little due to the upcoming Test Track Refurb. Once that is done, which is currently expected at the very end of February, Spaceship Earth could go down for 2 years or more at pretty much any time. They need to have all the bypass paths to route guests around the sides of Future World before they start but those are all but finished now. Essentially we can likely expect it pretty much any time after March 1.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

It was supposed to have already been started, but kept getting pushed back. And there's no firm date reported by any reliable insider so, somewhere between any time now and months and months later.

cpc98

Nothing officially confirmed yet, but the last schedule I heard was that the start got pushed out a little due to the upcoming Test Track Refurb. Once that is done, which is currently expected at the very end of February, Spaceship Earth could go down for 2 years or more at pretty much any time. They need to have all the bypass paths to route guests around the sides of Future World before they start but those are all but finished now. Essentially we can likely expect it pretty much any time after March 1.

Thanks for the information! That’ll be sad when it’s down for 2 years :(

roj2323

SSE is rumored to go down in late February after Test Track’s referb.

DreamfinderGuy

jt04

It’s okay. I’m sure we’d be forgiven for a quick answer.

We still have that coffee date.

Thanks but not looking likely. If they add after or before hours events for the studios it would increase the odds.

People would be much more interested with a meeting of minds with you, Mickeyviews and Jack. That would be a podcast for the ages.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thanks but not looking likely. If they add after or before hours events for the studios it would increase the odds.

People would be much more interested with a meeting of minds with you, Mickeyviews and Jack. That would be a podcast for the ages.
Shame. For the 50th then perhaps.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom