News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Kman101

When it was CommuniCore it was impressive.

Oh it was. I just don't have any memory of it and I wasn't exposed much to EPCOT as a child. My mom admitted the other day she never cared for it so I'm lucky to remember what I do, lol.

I absolutely see why it's a loss for those connected with it. They should have kept it and re-used it. It's a shame. The loss of the fountain guts me more.

rocketraccoon

Man the more I look at that concept art of the overview of the entire park, the more weird it looks to just have one half of Innoventions standing, especially if the festival center isn't even going to open for 3+ years.

I feel like they could still demolish part of Innoventions and have it be more... balanced I guess? Leaving the not demolished half of Innoventions West up and moving Mouse Gear in there, and leaving just the Electric Umbrella part of East up feels like it would make so much more sense design wise instead of the weird lopsided thing they're doing. Slap the festival center where Mouse Gear is right now and move the Moana thing to where they're demolishing West at the moment.

EPCOTCenterLover

Even though we loved Communicore, in an odd way, I'm glad the building is being demolished. I think about the buildings flanking the entry to Disneyland's Tomorrowland. That should have changed years ago in order to create a whole new take on tomorrow. I view Communicore the same way. Full revision or demolition of both, but leaving one is just plain odd.

DisneyDreamerxyz

Even though we loved Communicore, in an odd way, I'm glad the building is being demolished. I think about the buildings flanking the entry to Disneyland's Tomorrowland. That should have changed years ago in order to create a whole new take on tomorrow. I view Communicore the same way. Full revision or demolition of both, but leaving one is just plain odd.

I remember the first time I ever went to Epcot in 2017, all I wanted was to get to World Showcase, and I legit got lost by ending up somewhere by The Land. I just found the layout so confusing. I always thought these huge long buildings flanking the entryway that had nothing in them was kinda strange.

trainplane3

Bitter doesn’t even come close. This decision makes JIYI seem like genius.
giphy.webp

Touchdown

Can I ask why you love those buildings so much? I visited in 1989 as a five year old, have fond memories of most of the Pavillions (WOM and Horizons we’re down for rehab) but have 0 recollections of communicore and this combined with visits later I’ve always felt those buildings to be worthless and a hassle to walk around.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Can I ask why you love those buildings so much? I visited in 1989 as a five year old, have fond memories of most of the Pavillions (WOM and Horizons we’re down for rehab) but have 0 recollections of communicore and this combined with visits later I’ve always felt those buildings to be worthless and a hassle to walk around.
If you have zero recollections then you never saw their true potential. Or when it was a pleasure and easy to walk around them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom