News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

tparris

Looks like they could stop and redo the space if they stopped now.
It’s already ripped open.
71E9FD06-D9BF-4CE4-BE88-21D34413232C.jpeg

jt04

PS- Epcot desperately needs an on stage events facility that is permanent and modern. Communicore is anything but modern. That style exists in every office park built in America since 2000.

jt04

It’s still not too late to save it. There has been no damage to the structure itself, only some exterior concrete. That being said, it most obviously won’t be, and we’ll cross the point of no return soon enough.

Fortunately there's nothing worth preserving. Especially this wing.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
why could they not have used one of the Communicore Buildings for that... They had all this permanent building space just sitting there...
This generation of Imagineers seem to think of single attractions/projects and not what the impact to the park as a whole will be, which is why we are getting a disjointed expensive mess of a park. The naming of the "neighborhoods" are smoke and mirrors.

Bocabear

While admittedly it needs updating (and a real paint job), these are the lines I miss. They could totally fix things up from here.
The architecture was serious, forward thinking and beautiful. It is a real loss... Especially if the Table Top becomes a Phase II project... that will take decades for them to finish...and we will have an empty football field as you main entrance point... It's all very sad.

trainplane3

The architecture was serious, forward thinking and beautiful. It is a real loss... Especially if the Table Top becomes a Phase II project... that will take decades for them to finish...and we will have an empty football field as you main entrance point... It's all very sad.
It's not empty, it'll be known as World Tailgate. You can participate in all your favorite pre-game activities such as heckle the visiting team's fans, keg stands, cornhole, loud music, getting into fights, and of course everyones favorite...public urination!

I'm of course talking about the real football. American football. The sport that's played all around the world by everyone but mostly America. 🤣

*I'm a hockey person before anyone asks. And those 4 years in marching band didn't help me learn football at all. I only knew to start conducting when the ball was moving and to stop when it stopped.*

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom