News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

trainplane3

It's gone.
3ACE8662-5F0C-4E4E-B55C-0F95C26A2F42-1024x654.jpeg

https://blogmickey.com/2019/10/iconic-fountain-of-nations-completely-demolished-at-epcot/

devoy1701

trainplane3 said:

There was actually a massive amount of infrastructure in this room. There were at least two types of nozzles in the fountains - the stedy ones, which were driven by pumps and the intermittent ones which were driven by compressed air. Those had spcial converging nozzles that assured smooth flow - very innovative. A tall column of water would be pushed out of a tank, followed by a "pop" of compressed air. I had never seen such fountains anywhere before this.

Another fond memory - waiting for the show with the music from the "Rocketeer". I could do that over and over ( and I did). Once the sunshades were added and the area became more "commercial" it lost much of its charm. But that is what memories are for...
Standing in Motion was one of my favorite songs and shows to watch from FoN. Really surprised they didn't incorporate the fountain into the redevelopment plans...really surprised someone green lit the proposal as well. Then again, maybe I'm not.

trainplane3

The boss and I are getting our very own statues in Epcot in honor of all the fantastic work we (but mostly me) are doing. They should look something like this-
View attachment 421367
I would have expected bigger, and more numerous statues scattered around all of the theme parks to highlight your brilliance. You're slipping. ;)
I agree. That's pretty small and it's only bronze? I expect diamond or at the very least gold. Talk about bad management.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom