News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

DisneyDreamerxyz

just saw that there are construction walls set-up in-between the green areas between Figment and The Land, anyone know why? Can't think of anything announced that would be going on between those two pavilions or behind Canada?

El_Tomato

When you look at the Communicore buildings in the background it becomes even more glaringly apparent that the paint job put on these beautiful buildings completely destroyed the fresh modern feel of the Communicore Plaza... It looks like Tijuana... This is what worries me about the same l;eadership creating the future of this landmark, one of a kind park.
I can’t even UNDERSTAND why they chose to paint it the way they did. It makes absolutely no sense aesthetic-wise, theme-wise, design-wise... someone?

brihow

When you look at the Communicore buildings in the background it becomes even more glaringly apparent that the paint job put on these beautiful buildings completely destroyed the fresh modern feel of the Communicore Plaza... It looks like Tijuana... This is what worries me about the same l;eadership creating the future of this landmark, one of a kind park.
I know in one of the preview videos from D23 when they showed the renovated area, the buildings were white/light gray. Obviously who knows what will end up happening but at least it's being considered to paint them.

jt04

I know in one of the preview videos from D23 when they showed the renovated area, the buildings were white/light gray. Obviously who knows what will end up happening but at least it's being considered to paint them.

Pretty sure that was a deal with Glidden along with Colortopia.

sedati

I can’t even UNDERSTAND why they chose to paint it the way they did. It makes absolutely no sense aesthetic-wise, theme-wise, design-wise... someone?
To differentiate one vast beige and glass expanse from another. That's been my guess. Remember, not everyone is an Epcot expert and Disney had been a master of using visuals to guide guests of all nations through unfamiliar lands.

brihow

To differentiate one vast beige and glass expanse from another. That's been my guess. Remember, not everyone is an Epcot expert and Disney had been a master of using visuals to guide guests of all nations through unfamiliar lands.
The only way those colored stripes helped anyone move through 'unfamiliar lands' is by making the guests want to get away from them since they were so ugly.

trainplane3

How it used to be:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom