News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Bender123

PHOTOS - Heavy machinery brought into Innoventions West area ahead of demolition work

Heavy Machinery are pretty big dudes...they should be able to take those buildings down in no time.

DisneyDreamerxyz

Given the proximity to active guest areas... I wonder if they'll keep the heavy concrete demolition to evenings only?

There's gonna be a ton of jackhammer type noise and heavy demo on those buildings

I kinda hope they surprise everyone and one day the park opens and they did it all in one night....like magic ;)
I have no idea the logistics behind what is involved in getting a building ready for demolition. Keeping in mind there is a tunnel underneath those buildings with a cast cafeteria.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I kinda hope they surprise everyone and one day the park opens and they did it all in one night....like magic ;)
I have no idea the logistics behind what is involved in getting a building ready for demolition. Keeping in mind there is a tunnel underneath those buildings with a cast cafeteria.
If it is anything like Horizons and Disney Quest, expect it to take weeks, and be done during the daytime for all to see.

tomast

I just hear a big rumor and I want it to share with you(it might need a new thread of even a new section)

Have you ever wonder why does It's a small world and CoP are on MK instead of Epcot?? Every once in a while you can read on this forums someone daydreaming of Disney moving both attractions to EPCOT. As you may know both attractions where originaly created for the expo and how originally EPCOT park was inspired by them.

Everyone here knows that there is no economic reason to move those attractions to EPCOT as it would be really expensive and not worthy.

So Disney have this secret plan where they are currently moving MK to EPCOT so then they can move EPCOT to MK (remember this is so they don't have to move both rides as it will be really expensive to do do). The transformation began with FeA, and now Moana and harmonious. Disney princess are opening the space to finally move the whole castle (that's why actually the comunicore is been demolish and if you go now to MK you can see the crane near the castle).

That's the hardest part of the plan as once the castle is in position they would simply remove one "Leg" of spaceship earth (Right now it is close as they are preparing the interior for the moving) and it will go spinning right to MK (taking advantage of the sphere form of it).

Finally for this first phase there are going to rebrand TestTrack to Tron and Tron to TestTrack as a study shows up most consumer won't notice any difference.

Fear

I just hear a big rumor and I want it to share with you(it might need a new thread of even a new section)

Have you ever wonder why does It's a small world and CoP are on MK instead of Epcot?? Every once in a while you can read on this forums someone daydreaming of Disney moving both attractions to EPCOT. As you may know both attractions where originaly created for the expo and how originally EPCOT park was inspired by them.

Everyone here knows that there is no economic reason to move those attractions to EPCOT as it would be really expensive and not worthy.

So Disney have this secret plan where they are currently moving MK to EPCOT so then they can move EPCOT to MK (remember this is so they don't have to move both rides as it will be really expensive to do do). The transformation began with FeA, and now Moana and harmonious. Disney princess are opening the space to finally move the whole castle (that's why actually the comunicore is been demolish and if you go now to MK you can see the crane near the castle).

That's the hardest part of the plan as once the castle is in position they would simply remove one "Leg" of spaceship earth (Right now it is close as they are preparing the interior for the moving) and it will go spinning right to MK (taking advantage of the sphere form of it).

Finally for this first phase there are going to rebrand TestTrack to Tron and Tron to TestTrack as a study shows up most consumer won't notice any difference.

this is some next-level busdrivering right here

Oriolesmagic

That's what I was figuring they would end up doing. If they're smart, they'll balance Cinderella's Castle on top of Spaceship Earth and roll it over to its new spot at the Park Formerly Known as EPCOT (PFKaE), before rolling the ball back to the Park Formerly Known as Magic Kingdom (PFKaMK).

Timothy_Q

I also heard they were moving Disney World to Paris, Shanghai Disney to Orlando and Tokyo Disney to Shanghai

The secret plan is to move them using the Speedway cars, sort of like U-Haul

n2hifi

If they're smart, they'll balance Cinderella's Castle on top of Spaceship Earth and roll it over to its new spot at the Park Formerly Known as EPCOT (PFKaE), before rolling the ball back to the Park Formerly Known as Magic Kingdom (PFKaMK).
This is actually why they developed BB-8, to test the technology before they lifted the castle onto spaceship earth. It's all coming togrther.

Mac Tonight

Just so long as their plans also include the eventual resurrection of 90's Epcot attractions here in Disneyland to replace all of Star Wars Land, I'm 100% OK with this happening!

Chris767

Is it possible they create two temporary pathways, one that goes to left of spaceship earth and comes out by Energy and WOL, and another pathway that leads to right next to Coral Restaurant and Nemo?

Then when spaceship earth closes down and they demo innoventions East just wall off the entire center of future world?

roj2323

This is very likely what they have planned. Considering the amount of work they have to do especially with the exit side of Spaceship earth the Center hub will be closed off at some point so they need an alternative.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom