News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

BoarderPhreak

Don't forget once the Skyliner is fully operational there will be three more resorts that have transport options from International Gateway, this may help with the amount of people trying to leave via the main entrance.
You mean letting the riff raff in through the backdoor? 😆

I miss the neon lights in Innoventions West, and the Fountain of Nations... the symmetry is unfortunately broken now especially at night. Walls seemed a bit annoying during my visit but slightly bearable.

Interesting to see the changes as they unfold.

DisneyDreamerxyz

now that the Camera Center is closed.....we are on watch for Demo to start on the building and fountain. They are doing a lot of tree clearing around both sides of Innoventions and Wonders of Life. I feel like this initial part is Phase 1 and Phase 2 will be:

*Electric Umbrella closing permanently for a new restaurant concept
*MouseGear closing temporarily and moving across the breezeway and probably be getting gutted (but still keeping the name MouseGear)
*Pin Central closes and gets torn down (along with outdoor vending and the flags)
*SpaceShip Earth closes and demo begins on former corporate lounge into new exit and 'Dreamers Point" with Walt Statue
*Art of Disney moves into American Pavilion (anyone know where?)
*Character Spot closes permanently along with Baymax Meet n Greet, Joy and Sadness will be gone until the Play Pavilion opens, Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy will be in a new spot in the Imagination pavilion (anyone know how this will work? is there empty space in the lobby near Ralph and Vanellope?)

Nothing has been announced for Gateway Gifts, Guest Relations, or any of the restroom facilities. I'm also wondering what will happen to the new playground they put in behind Mousegear, and the Cooling Ship area outside Test Track.
Also I had a thought that the BubbleGum wall might not be visible during the work on SpaceShip earth? how will the Instagrammers live?

The only thing new coming to Future World is the new nature film in the Land pavilion and the Space Restaurant in Mission Space.

aladdin2007

now that the Camera Center is closed.....we are on watch for Demo to start on the building and fountain. They are doing a lot of tree clearing around both sides of Innoventions and Wonders of Life. I feel like this initial part is Phase 1 and Phase 2 will be:

*Electric Umbrella closing permanently for a new restaurant concept
*MouseGear closing temporarily and moving across the breezeway and probably be getting gutted (but still keeping the name MouseGear)
*Pin Central closes and gets torn down (along with outdoor vending and the flags)
*SpaceShip Earth closes and demo begins on former corporate lounge into new exit and 'Dreamers Point" with Walt Statue
*Art of Disney moves into American Pavilion (anyone know where?)
*Character Spot closes permanently along with Baymax Meet n Greet, Joy and Sadness will be gone until the Play Pavilion opens, Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy will be in a new spot in the Imagination pavilion (anyone know how this will work? is there empty space in the lobby near Ralph and Vanellope?)

Nothing has been announced for Gateway Gifts, Guest Relations, or any of the restroom facilities. I'm also wondering what will happen to the new playground they put in behind Mousegear, and the Cooling Ship area outside Test Track.
Also I had a thought that the BubbleGum wall might not be visible during the work on SpaceShip earth? how will the Instagrammers live?

The only thing new coming to Future World is the new nature film in the Land pavilion and the Space Restaurant in Mission Space.

its moving into the current heritage manor gift shop, so long to the original merch space with you know, actual American or history themed merch, hello to disney springs 2.0...the heck with theme. :banghead:

El_Tomato

Will the communicore buildings that remain after the overhaul be painted? I don't ever want to see the ugly striped paint treatment again - and it seems like it won't fit in with the new clean look they are going for.
I can only imagine they will bring it back to its original look in some way... bright colors, lots of glass, natural light and open spaces.
I hope.

Stripes

Will the communicore buildings that remain after the overhaul be painted? I don't ever want to see the ugly striped paint treatment again - and it seems like it won't fit in with the new clean look they are going for.
Yeah, Martin has said that the Communicore buildings that are staying will get an interior and exterior overhaul.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom