News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Bocabear

or at least I wish they would go back to having them in the national costumes of the world showcase pavilions, Donald is the only one they do that with anymore. Minnie use to be represent Japan, Mickey Canada and US, Goofy in Norway, ChipnDale in China, etc.....
I actually thought it was very sweet when they used to do that... But I hated that giant Meet and Greet thing they did in Future World... It took every ounce of charm out of meeting the characters...

DisneyDreamerxyz

so apparently the other half is not getting torn down for quite awhile, because the Art of Disney isn't closing until December, and Pin Central isn't closing until January. strange.

jt04

so apparently the other half is not getting torn down for quite awhile, because the Art of Disney isn't closing until December, and Pin Central isn't closing until January. strange.

I think the new pin central will open with the new entry plaza.

They have to leave some areas open so crowds can access WS. Pin Central will be removed after the new store opens. IMO.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

It isn't surprising. A while ago it was made clear on Disney's site that Pin Central and Art of Disney weren't moving until the Winter.

And more....
To Summarize,
  • closings: Baymax, Joy & Sadness, Electric Umbrella, Innoventions East, Colortopia, Nanooze
  • temporary closures: Mickey & Friends (Sep 8 2019)
  • moved to temporary homes: Starbucks (somewhere this Fall); Art of Disney (to Heritage Manor); Pin Central (to Camera Center); Mouse Gear (somewhere this Winter)

Untouched (so far)

SirNim

Has it ever been officially acknowledged that the original SSE/Communicore spine design was directly influenced by Bernini's design of the St. Peter's Basilica/Square complex at the Vatican? Or is that just taken for granted?

Casper Gutman

The only part of Epcot’s “New Direction” that execs care about is the corporate convention center. It’s the heart and soul of the emerging Epcot, a way to elevate the really important people above the scum.

DisneyDreamerxyz

The only part of Epcot’s “New Direction” that execs care about is the corporate convention center. It’s the heart and soul of the emerging Epcot, a way to elevate the really important people above the scum.
yeah that's what I'm thinking. I guess we should be happy they might work quickly on this and not drag it out forever. If they get this demo done and we start seeing the new festival center getting built by the end of the year that would be pretty cool. (even if we'll never get to go inside the center cause we can't afford it :p

Surferboy567

I wanted to pay my respects to old Epcot...I’ve had a lot of great memories since I was a kid there. Overall though, I’m excited for these changes and am ready for the new Epcot! How long are we expecting it to take to construct the new entrance (and by that I mean the areas that don’t require new structures such as the revised entrance and lead up to world showcase).

Cmdr_Crimson

Man is this going to feel awkward when riding Soarin now due to How out of Date the finale is going to be....

Found on Micechat
animated-4.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom