News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

ChillSeaker

Allosaurus*

T-Rex didn’t live with Stegosaurus. It also didn’t have three fingers.
tenor.gif
Allosaurus*

But they ALWAYS did battle to the Rite of Spring by Stravinsky

build_it

frozen is not a boot report ride... The Little Mermaid is a great example of book report. Same as peter pan... Pinocchio... Alice.. all of them are book report dark rides as they tell abbreviated versions of the movie's plot. Frozen doesn't follow the movie plot at all - it just uses characters and scenes from the movie. Frozen just cycles you through the characters with a very loose story line of 'we're going to the ice palace' followed by the typical 'happy send off' so common in the classic rides.

The attraction follows nothing from the movie and those calling it a 'book report' ride clearly are just flailing to pin something on the attraction.
This is why Mr. Toad is the best dark ride... the happy send off at the end 😂

rocketraccoon

Yeah looking at the concept art it should be fine? Area in yellow is where that picture was taken, area in red will likely have blocked views. Mind you some of that area is already blocked from tree cover. Concept art lies though, so take it with a couple grains of salt.

The photoshop seems to be more into the center pathway than the building actually is, and is flat instead of at an angle.

Last edited:

PorterRedkey

I can’t talk about scaling but I do think this could be more representative of footprint and location:

View attachment 406370
The Dreamer's Point building, in all art I have seen, looks to be higher than the monorail track by a considerable amount. However, built at the location you have circled, it looks like the only view of SSE from that side would already be obstructed by Imagination.
Is that how they have envisioned it working? I can't imagine they want to block views of the magnificent park icon, even from WS.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The Dreamer's Point building, in all art I have seen, looks to be higher than the monorail track by a considerable amount. However, built at the location you have circled, it looks like the only view of SSE from that side would already be obstructed by Imagination.
Is that how they have envisioned it working? I can't imagine they want to block views of the magnificent park icon, even from WS.
This isn’t dreamers point. This one is known as the events building for now.

Dreamers point is roughly the pathway currently due south of the Siemens lounge windows.

PorterRedkey

This isn’t dreamers point. This one is known as the events building for now.

Dreamers point is roughly the pathway currently due south of the Siemens lounge windows.
I guess I am confused as to what is actually Dreamer's point. I thought it was the fancy 3 story structure, is that not the case? Is Dreamer's point more of the area around the building where the "storytelling fountain" will be?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I guess I am confused as to what is actually Dreamer's point. I thought it was the fancy 3 story structure, is that not the case? Is Dreamer's point more of the area around the building where the "storytelling fountain" will be?
As I understand it the point will be a raised pathway looking slightly down towards what is today the pin store.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
When there are two-story buildings almost completely coming together to create a full circle, then there are going to be lots of places in which SSE is totally or partially occluded. The best view of SSE from the south has always been straight up the center, but even then, the triangle circus roof right in the middle of the hub has gotten in the way.

So, a three story building isn't going to be too different. The full occlusion of SSE from one angle will be offset by a better view of SSE from World Nature which will no longer have a two-story building in the way.

Mike730

In my head there is a distinction between stories and floors. I would call the festival pavilion 3 floors but, to me, saying 3 stories implies a height that this building will definitely surpass.
Epcot_Full_35971.jpg

Based on the concept art, the ground floor alone looks to be at least 3 conventional "stories" to me. Not to mention it has literal trees on the roof which, if scaled properly, show that this building will be quite massive.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
In my head there is a distinction between stories and floors. I would call the festival pavilion 3 floors but, to me, saying 3 stories implies a height that this building will definitely surpass.
Epcot_Full_35971.jpg

Based on the concept art, the ground floor alone looks to be at least 3 conventional "stories" to me. Not to mention it has literal trees on the roof which, if scaled properly, show that this building will be quite massive.

Those trees definitely will not be there. They'd block the view of the fireworks. They'd be everywhere *but* the Southern exposure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom