News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

trainplane3

Where did you find that site?
I think I know what they're talking about. This post here, at the very bottom:
One more noteworthy tidbit... The e-mail correspondence from the permit application mentioned an "RCID Address Finder" - I'd never heard of that before and it sounded interesting so I went digging to see if I could find it, and sure enough, it's a really snazzy little tool. It already has the information for this project loaded into it and confirms that there will be two new bridges - a stationary bridge crossing the small canal near the Sago Cay GF building, and then a large swing bridge crossing the canal that's used for the water pageant and riverboat maintenance.

f2NiYZ5.png

7m1pyEE.png

GR0XXFq.png

Below is a link to the tool. @danlb_2000, I'm sure you'll have some fun with it, assuming it's new to you. You can zoom and and get the address of basically every structure across Disney property, even all the individual Epcot kiosks, haha.

https://rcid.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Solutions/s2.html?appid=ea296a2e5e274cf2856d5cb450c3a96b

Tank Man

I recently saw Tom Fitzgerald and another Imagineer walking around Future World pointing out different locations and what appeared to be discussions about making changes. Obviously there was talk a few months ago about Epcot getting an influx of cash that had been approved by the board of directors. Just found it interesting and hopefully we'll hear something in the near future about updates coming to EPCOT.
What did they point at?
Speculation man is here

kevlightyear

That’s taste track. The physical building has been gone for at least a few months now. Cool Wash is alive and well
Ahh, taste track! I though the stand that was removed wasn't cool wash, but I didn't know it's real name because it's not in the app anymore. The app lists Cool Wash under the food category but shows it as closed.

The consensus of insiders, including our own, is:

A new fountain at the entrance as in the artist concept of the entrance with LaL monoliths gone.​
Fountain of Nations will be gone, gone. Replaced by the beer garden. Although, there's slight indication that the beer garden is maybe being redesigned into something else.​
A new water feature with the Moana IP leading to The Seas starting where the Art of Disney currently resides.​
So what is the water feature with Moana suppose to be exactly? (I’m trying to picture what it might be?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom