News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

BubbaisSleep

It makes me sad they can't use Marvel in the parks as I feel like having a true Stark Expo would be the only way management would be even remotely interested in keeping EPCOT's roots intact. I know many might just moan at the sound of Marvel, but we all know Disney only uses relevant IP's now so this would be the best case scenario for EPCOT. Ant-Man could easily host a ride similar to Adventure Thru Inner Space & they could fit in a Black Panther pavilion showcasing the technology they use in Wakanda as well. It would bring attendance in while keeping EPCOT's purpose. Much better plan than whatever they are doing with Guardians, which I'll enjoy but it really has nothing to do with EPCOT. To be honest, the rumored remodel doesn't look anything different that what they are doing to our local tired malls out in California. Add some pretty lounge areas, some alcohol, add a movie theater, make it pretty & call it a day. I'm sure it will look nice but not very inspiring like EPCOT is supposed to be

Rich Brownn

It makes me sad they can't use Marvel in the parks as I feel like having a true Stark Expo would be the only way management would be even remotely interested in keeping EPCOT's roots intact. I know many might just moan at the sound of Marvel, but we all know Disney only uses relevant IP's now so this would be the best case scenario for EPCOT. Ant-Man could easily host a ride similar to Adventure Thru Inner Space & they could fit in a Black Panther pavilion showcasing the technology they use in Wakanda as well. It would bring attendance in while keeping EPCOT's purpose. Much better plan than whatever they are doing with Guardians, which I'll enjoy but it really has nothing to do with EPCOT. To be honest, the rumored remodel doesn't look anything different that what they are doing to our local tired malls out in California. Add some pretty lounge areas, some alcohol, add a movie theater, make it pretty & call it a day. I'm sure it will look nice but not very inspiring like EPCOT is supposed to be
View attachment 385071
View attachment 385072
View attachment 385073
View attachment 385075
View attachment 385074
Oh, the irony. Stark Expo was based on the 1964/65 NY World's Fair, which Epcot Center used as its original inspiration.

erasure fan1

Terrible. They've just lost the message, the point of the park. Of all the recent misfires at WDW, this one saddens me

They didn't lose the message, they locked it away because dollar signs are the only message that matters to them. Festivals, more alcohol, IPs... all quick, easy fixes to impact the bottom line. Taking original concepts and re-imagining the park, much more expensive. I really don't see how Epcot wont be by far the worst park by years end. Heck maybe by next month.

Spash007

Going through the Epcot attractions on the Disney World website -

Heritage Manor Gifts in The American Adventure will be the new home to Art of Disney
Electric Umbrella will be closed this Winter
What's left of Innoventions will also close September 8
Disney's PR can't decide on whether the Character Spot is temporarily closing, or if they are finding new homes
Starbucks to relocated September 8
Club Cool doesn't have a page (not sure if this was always the case)

Janir

Club Cool doesn't have a page (not sure if this was always the case)
I don't think they did either. I remember trying to find something years ago on Disney's website and zilch. At the time of our wedding, The Coke Store wasn't in DS area , heck DS was still Downtown Disney. My mom collects Coke memorabilia and I was trying to describe to her why she should go visit Club Cool. (And try some Beverly :p) Wanted to bring up the page for it and couldn't find anything except a shopping reference. I put it down to my phone and mobile vs desktop web browser issues at the time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom