News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

P_Radden

I think TDO knows how important the Imagination pavilion is to WDW fans. An overdue, proper, refurb is probably the most important refurb project of all Epcot's pavilions.

Imagination is much better explored through art, literature, the performing arts and science.... Not sight, sound, smell, touch, and taste. It's not Journey into Your Senses. :banghead:

Also, bring back Dreamfinder already

PorterRedkey

I think TDO knows how important the Imagination pavilion is to WDW fans. An overdue, proper, refurb is probably the most important refurb project of all Epcot's pavilions.

Imagination is much better explored through art, literature, the performing arts and science.... Not sight, sound, smell, touch, and taste. It's not Journey into Your Senses. :banghead:

Also, bring back Dreamfinder already
FTFY;)

Couldn't agree more!

Kman101

Regardless of whether the new Poppins is good or not, and I think it could be, most guests will likely want to be on a dark ride filled with classic Poppins. I'm sure some guests will clamor for the new but the first film just lends itself perfectly for a dark ride. I just can't see this one ever topping the first, even if it's a great movie. Personally I think Emily Blunt is a good choice and I liked the trailer. But I want classic Poppins and I bet most guests would too.

Phicinfan

Regardless of whether the new Poppins is good or not, and I think it could be, most guests will likely want to be on a dark ride filled with classic Poppins. I'm sure some guests will clamor for the new but the first film just lends itself perfectly for a dark ride. I just can't see this one ever topping the first, even if it's a great movie. Personally I think Emily Blunt is a good choice and I liked the trailer. But I want classic Poppins and I bet most guests would too.
I may be crazy, but I don't think park visitors will care one way or the other, as it will be a new ride, which everyone has been desperately clamoring for. I happen to believe it will probably be a mix of both, to attract the most fans...and appease those who are staunchly for both camps. It also protects Disney if the new movie does fantastically or doesn't do well,

Kman101

I may be crazy, but I don't think park visitors will care one way or the other, as it will be a new ride, which everyone has been desperately clamoring for. I happen to believe it will probably be a mix of both, to attract the most fans...and appease those who are staunchly for both camps. It also protects Disney if the new movie does fantastically or doesn't do well,

Yeah, you're right they probably wouldn't care as much as I think they would. lol

I agree it will probably be a mix of both, and I think it should be, as long as certain aspects from the first film make it into the attraction I'll be happy. It should be a happy medium between the two, if they can achieve that without it being a mess. More focus on the original, as many songs/numbers just won't be topped and like 'Let It Go' will 'need' to be in the ride. I think many of us are just worried about them getting it "right".

HauntedMansionFLA

Meryl Streep is an interesting cast choice since she called Good Old Walt Disney out on sexist and anti-Semitic stances. Emily Blunt is a good choice and I hope does well. I hope an attraction does come to the UK. Poppins is a good choice.

tirian

Interesting .... always love seeing you pop up @articos ! You and @tirian don't post nearly enough
Thanks! I pop in when I can because I consider this the best fan forum online.

But when fanboys start foaming and breathlessly defending every decision a faceless company makes—a company that does not care about them and actually derides them as “foamers”—I have to take a break. And when other people are too critical and negative, and nothing is ever good enough because this company operated by human beings is supposed to be perfect, I have to back off for some air again.

I still lurk because it really is the best forum. :)

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Duuuuuuuuuude...

It's been a while!
Hope you have been doing well.

I don't get to post on this Forum as much as i used to since the recent website update.
For some reason, i cannot respond to posts via my tablet...only view....thus why i've been quiet over the last couple of months.

I'm posting via my old laptop ( running Windows XP, no less! ) as it is the only way i can post at the moment.
Steve is trying to help me figure out why my tablet doesn't seem to be compatible with the recent updates, as it was until about two months ago.
Until then, i will try to check in and respond when i can.

:)

-

smile

Thank you!

Tony seemed to really like it...as did Tom Morris when i saw them both back in 2015.

:)

-

i remember you mentioning tony...
you saw tom as well? and he saw your work?... sure he appreciated the airship :)

i don't know you, but i highly enjoyed your documentation of it...

your artwork, the appreciation you got for it -
the time you guys had 'clubbing' it at dinner and then riding rides with tony
... posi vibes all over! good things.
:happy:

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
So, will we every get a single BIG announcement about an EPCOT overhaul where they announce several billion dollars of changes in a single big announcement (like what we had for Disney Studios Paris recently or California Adventure [not so recently]) or will the EPCOT overhaul continue to be announced one attraction at a time (as has been happening over the past couple new EPCOT attractions)?

SCOTLORR

Does anyone else find it really frustrating to see full, fleshed out plans for a park like WDSP and then turn around and see nothing like that for DHS and Epcot? I understand that Florida is getting heavy investment right now but even when it does, it seems to get the short end of the stick.

We deserve to know what's happening with WoL, Imagination and the Spine. And if the answer to what is happening to those areas is little to nothing, it's a real shame.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom