News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

clarabellej

Just hope it is not in order to install more booze.

Epcot has fast become one big drink around the world.

Don’t even think about hanging out there with your kids once darkness falls.

The ladies restroom in Germany was a joke. A bunch of drunks.

Please don’t bring the booze over to FW.

Brazil? I am interested in that!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
As long as the people with ideas that feel like EPCOT win out. EPCOT Center may be dead, but the general look and feel of the park during that period is iconic and not just to theme park fans. EPCOT Center has made an impact in popular culture as well over the years.

I'm fine with adding rides to the WS Pavilions, even if they are IP based. I'm not going to complain now when we've been asking for this for years. It looks by all accounts that they are doing that part right, too. Slightly off-topic, but do you know what the status of Brazil is?
There are people with good ideas. It just depends on if they’re the ones listened to. I know of a very good, sympathetic yet modern overhaul of the spine. I know of a pretty hideous one. And I know of a frankly unbelievable one, and not in a good way. It will certainly be make or break as far as I’m personally concerned.

As far as I know Brazil is still stuck in red tape and paperwork.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Just hope it is not in order to install more booze.

Epcot has fast become one big drink around the world.

Don’t even think about hanging out there with your kids once darkness falls.

The ladies restroom in Germany was a joke. A bunch of drunks.

Please don’t bring the booze over to FW.

Brazil? I am interested in that!

Another over exaggerated description of WS.

If preventing your children from witnessing rude behavior is what you desire, you may as well scratch Magic Kingdom of your list of places to allow them. I have encountered more rude and completely sober adults in MK than any other park. From the insane double wide stroller folk who have no issue slamming into the back of your ankles, to the parents who leave dirty diapers ON TOP of the trash can, and the people who shove you out of the way during the parades and fireworks.

But please, tell us more about how a person having a few cocktails is detrimental to Epcot.

Magic Feather

Not to invalidate you or any other insider's, but I feel as if Night Time shows are the most unpredictable projects, we barely had any notice with Happily Ever After or even Once Upon a Time.

This might be because it's somewhat easy for Disney to quickly produce shows like the one made just for the cast member night at the MK or Moon light dvc firework show, as there is already existing infrastructure to work with.

Either way if the new Illuminations is true to its predecessors and honors mankind's hopeful future than I'll be happy :)
This is one of the shows that would need more notice. That said, I have already seen WotW widdled down to two main contenders, with the concepts pretty fleshed out.
I will say this. If they screw up IllumiNations. They screw up Epcot beyond repair. Though the timing is quite perfect, the show that encourages faith in humanity will end right around the time I lose it.
Define Screw Up. Depending on the definition, you have about a 50% Shot.
Will the new show have the same message about global community and human achievement? Do you think it will be as powerful/profound? As abstract (and IP-less)? RoL seems a good indication that they're still willing to make shows like that, but RoE is a high bar...
Like I said above 50/50

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So is the only thing currently greenlit for FW
-Gotg
-update to the land
-new space restaurant
Or is there more that I’m missing?

Depends what you mean by 'greenlit.' If you mean there's a definite thing that has be OK'd and a timeline and they're contracting architects and contractors, then even the update to the Land isn't greenlit (AFAIK from what our insiders have said).

There are things they seem committed to because they budgeted a big wad of money to make things happen... but they aren't sure which things, in what form, and when. But as far as things that have that internal greenlight but haven't been announced yet... I don't think there's anything in that category. More like greenlight adjacent.

The Spine Renovation has been announced, but the artist drawing was super vague and there are still competing designs.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Depends what you mean by 'greenlit.' If you mean there's a definite thing that has be OK'd and a timeline and they're contracting architects and contractors, then even the update to the Land isn't greenlit (AFAIK from what our insiders have said).

There are things they seem committed to because they budgeted a big wad of money to make things happen... but they aren't sure which things, in what form, and when. But as far as things that have that internal greenlight but haven't been announced yet... I don't think there's anything in that category. More like greenlight adjacent.

The Spine Renovation has been announced, but the artist drawing was super vague and there are still competing designs.
Hotel at the entrance?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Although I didn't care for this ride, it makes me nostalgic for Bill Nye the Science Guy.
A worthy tribute... It was definitely sad how Disney just sort of let it rot from like.. 2009-ish onward. It might have been dated, but it could have still be wonderfully enjoyable if Disney maintained it and upgraded the technology the way it needed. Because it was open at LEAST another decade before things started falling apart.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I drove by this area (pic courtesy of Bioreconstruct) last week as we had to park waaaay on that side of the parking lot, and it seems there's a lot more land clearing where the GOTG show building is supposed to go....like much more than would be required if I was to guess. Anyone know if they're doing something else with that area in addition to the GOTG building?

DRr3pq0VQAAsp8P.jpg:large

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom