News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Corless threw out an idea called "Garden of Wonder" where each pavilion would have a small garden display in front of it. This would be for Future World and World Showcase and the displays would likely feature topiaries of characters "relevant" to the pavilion. The examples he used were Anna and Elsa in Norway or Eve and Wall-E in front of Mission: SPACE.

If true, it's more characters in EPCOT, but I do like the idea of a unifying theme. In that respect there's a similarity to the different types of boats in each land at Tokyo Disney Sea.
He did. I think there’s a confusion over names. But it would be nice if he was correct.

RSoxNo1

He did. I think there’s a confusion over names. But it would be nice if he was correct.
Is the thought process here something subtle like the different types of boats docked at every Tokyo Disney Sea land or am I over thinking this? We've long discussed some sort of unifying concepts in Epcot and this, while character driven, seems to be in that line of thinking.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is the thought process here something subtle like the different types of boats docked at every Tokyo Disney Sea land or am I over thinking this? We've long discussed some sort of unifying concepts in Epcot and this, while character driven, seems to be in that line of thinking.
This I don’t know. Gardens of Wonder to me means something else.

HauntedMansionFLA

Will all of the Meet and Greet areas throughout EPCOT finally be part of the FastPass system to eliminate the tier system? It would be a nice way to spread the crowds out.

RSoxNo1

It would be nicer to do away with the meet and greets and build actual attractions.....grumble....
No, at this point you need both. Meet and greets are absolutely expected and with many characters the dedicated spaces are a necessity. I will argue that the story treatment for the Anna and Elsa meet and greet in the Norway Pavilion is much better than the ride itself.

FigmentJedi

No, at this point you need both. Meet and greets are absolutely expected and with many characters the dedicated spaces are a necessity. I will argue that the story treatment for the Anna and Elsa meet and greet in the Norway Pavilion is much better than the ride itself.
Well yeah. The ride's story is an 30 second Elsa meet and greet taking place on a boat. Of course an actual Anna and Elsa meet and greet would be better then that.

RSoxNo1

Well yeah. The ride's story is an 30 second Elsa meet and greet taking place on a boat. Of course an actual Anna and Elsa meet and greet would be better then that.
Arendelle is a fictitious Scandinavian country. The ruse for the Royal Sommerhus is that they visited Norway as kids on the summer vacation and are returning to the childhood summer home. That explains why they're in Norway.

The ruse for the ride is you're visiting Elsa's ice palace. There is no pretense in the ride that we are anywhere but Arendelle, a fake country "inspired" by Norway.

Mike S

Arendelle is a fictitious Scandinavian country. The ruse for the Royal Sommerhus is that they visited Norway as kids on the summer vacation and are returning to the childhood summer home. That explains why they're in Norway.

The ruse for the ride is you're visiting Elsa's ice palace. There is no pretense in the ride that we are anywhere but Arendelle, a fake country "inspired" by Norway.
The new short makes a distinct reference to Norway so it seems Disney’s really trying to push it.

sedati

The new short makes a distinct reference to Norway so it seems Disney’s really trying to push it.
Haven't seen the short, could you explain the reference? I think this is a case of them just spelling out what seemed pretty obvious. It looked like a duck, walked like a duck, and quacked like a duct, but everyone here was determined to call it a giraffe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom