News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm glad to hear that Living with the Land will be getting some love, it's a hidden gem in today's Epcot. It will be interesting to see what direction they go with the Circle of Life replacement (hopefully not more movie previews!).
It'll be (at the moment) appropriately themed to the pavilion. Not previews. Possibly not IP free.

Bender123

It'll be (at the moment) appropriately themed to the pavilion. Not previews. Possibly not IP free.

Replace one IP with a different IP...I can honestly say that I haven't seen Circle in decades, so I guess it really doesn't matter to me if they throw a new IP in there. Circle could be replaced with an empty room and it may be an improvement.

If there is IP in Living with the Land, then it might be time to throw down and get angry.

BenJacobs

img_0175-jpg.221538

If you look at this picture, what we thought might have been a shop or restaurant or cafe where you can go on the roof bit(with a gradual incline) I think might be a dolphin show(or something similar).

There are dolphins in the Seas pavilion, you don't really see them though, maybe this is a show for them. The stairs into the pool bit caught my interest(someone must go in), and the glass surrounding the upper area(to stop people getting in, if it were just a pond bit, they would have a lower rail, and seats on the upper bit to eat whatever you would have bought in the cafe), it's big enough to do a show(big enough pool, enough viewing area, on two floors).

So there you go.

zengoth

img_0175-jpg.221538

If you look at this picture, what we thought might have been a shop or restaurant or cafe where you can go on the roof bit(with a gradual incline) I think might be a dolphin show(or something similar).

There are dolphins in the Seas pavilion, you don't really see them though, maybe this is a show for them. The stairs into the pool bit caught my interest(someone must go in), and the glass surrounding the upper area(to stop people getting in, if it were just a pond bit, they would have a lower rail, and seats on the upper bit to eat whatever you would have bought in the cafe), it's big enough to do a show(big enough pool, enough viewing area, on two floors).

So there you go.

This part always catches my eye whenever I see the rendering. Looks like an Escher puzzle - hard to tell if it's just a store/restaurant with a blue roof or if it's a mini-aquarium. I've been telling myself the artist ran past his/her deadline and couldn't clean up all the detail.

Amidala

I just can't see WDW doing anything like a dolphin show, they already have some bad rep from the animal crazys (This is coming from a vegetarian) for Animal Kingdom and the dolphins.

True, but OTOH, it wouldn't hurt for The Seas to have some more "kick," or something to really draw guests in. But that being said...you can see better dolphin shows at SeaWorld and other areas in Orlando, so I can't see this being a huge hit for guests looking to ride attractions and see Disney-specific shows.

If it's not a dolphin show, though...what could it be? Are we still leaning restaurant? Maybe it's a combination of both.

No Name

:cool:
img_0175-jpg.221538

So there you go.

They would resurrect every classic EPCOT Center attraction before they'd ever open that. Bob Iger would publicly waltz with Bob Chapek before he'd ever approve that. Also, this is being built in front of Imagination, so if it was for the Seas, surely it'd be built in fromt of its own pavillion, no?

It looks very much like a swimming pool, but Martin has said that isn't it. Good, because that would also be a poor choice of location. I recently witnessed a wardrobe incident while swimming, so to say the least, I didn't have to use my imagination. :cool:

Amidala

It looks more like a half-sphere than a full sphere but I may be looking at it wrong. I'm guessing this will be the site of the new (or replaced) Illuminations? Then again, there are no fireworks in the concept art (if I'm remembering right) and this looks vaguely World of Color-esque.

BenJacobs

Sorry if this has already been discussed, However I've been looking at the blue sphere-like object in front of the main-entrance to The World Showcase in the new concept art, and to me it looks like a giant earth.
e5cKuKz.jpg

To me it looks like a distorted sphere, so I don't think it could be a model of the Earth.

sedati

Sorry if this has already been discussed, However I've been looking at the blue sphere-like object in front of the main-entrance to The World Showcase in the new concept art, and to me it looks like a giant earth.
e5cKuKz.jpg
I mentioned earlier I believe this may show that they are looking into kinetic architecture or sculpture.

sedati

I dont think this show will be the replacement for Illuminations, the viewing areas look very small, it might be a secondary viewing location for Illuminations, or i could see it more likely being like a 3-5 minute show like Tree of Life awakenings.
I don't think this would be a "show" at all. True kinetics would be ever changing, ever moving. Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

Look into kinetic architecture and you'll see things that will at least show that Future World's spine could change for the better. Also, look at organic architecture.

Figment Newton

The space part of Wall-E would not fit The Land, but the end where they return to Earth and humanity somewhat "starts anew" I could see working. Wall-E did have an environmental message, so having just the character or something about the rebirth of Earth at the end of the film could work well enough as a theme for a short film.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom