News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Walter Elias Disney

So, let's take what you say and compare it to what our insiders are saying....

EPCOT is beginning to buzz...

Yes. We've known that for over a years since Bob Chapek announced an overhaul of the park​

I'm hearing there could be a new movie replacing Circle of Life-An Environmental Fable.

Our insiders have pretty much said there will definitely be a new movie. So, where are you hearing there only "could" be one?​

Living with the Land will receive an update, as well.

That's what our insiders have been saying.​

Journey Into Imagination will receive a trackless system and possible theming similar to Mystic Manor. Figment will go next door with a brand new 4-D movie replacing Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival.

That comports exactly with the wishful thinking of our armchair imagineers! However, our insiders say that whatever may happen to the Figment pavilion and Figment himself is up in the air and won't be addressed for several years.​

The Seas with Nemo & Friends will receive an update aligned to Finding Dory,

Our insiders say there will be updates to The Sea, but not exactly what.​

With the competition becoming tighter between Brazil and Spain...could the World Showcase possibly receive two instead of one new addition?

That's not how pavilions are decided. They are decided by sponsors, mostly corporate sponsors. Are you saying that there are corporations bidding to sponsor two different pavilions? If that was the case, Disney would say, "Fine we'll take all your moneys and build both!" Our insiders say Brazil is a done deal, all but announced; and that Spain is a possibility in the works; and maybe a third national pavilion by 2025.​

Finally, the front gate will receive additional trees and plants to welcome guest without the tired Leave a Legacy.

Our insiders have said that will be the case a year ago.​

Electric Umbrella could be receiving a major update instead of demolition.

And when you look at the artist's rendering wherein none of the Innovention buildings remain, how exactly would that happen?​

Future World Pavilions could be home to a new themed area "Festival Headquarters".

They could... if there was going to be a Future World. The fact is, that's the way it is now with WoL and Odyssey hosting festival activities and Innoventions East hosting AP festival HQ.​

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There are more true "insiders" on here than what you think are your..."insiders". Seems like there are bitter people on here when others might have reliable information. Sure information changes day to day. That is why they keep it rather vague....And to clarify that is why I stated clearly...Epcot is buzzing....

You haven't provided any information that hasn't already been brought to light by known insiders and has actually come to pass. In fact, your information contradicts our known and reliable insiders at times.

Is there something you can tell us as inside information which hasn't already been spilled which is coming up soon so that we know that you're one of those others insiders of whom there are more than we think there are?

And as far as being 'bitter', you know, you don't have to be a jerk when challenged. Nobody's information should just be taken at face value until they show they can be trusted.

Walter Elias Disney

You haven't provided any information that hasn't already been brought to light by known insiders and has actually come to pass. In fact, your information contradicts our known and reliable insiders at times.

Is there something you can tell us as inside information which hasn't already been spilled which is coming up soon so that we know that you're one of those others insiders of whom there are more than we think there are?

And as far as being 'bitter', you know, you don't have to be a jerk when challenged. Nobody's information should just be taken at face value until they show they can be trusted.
Not sure I'm the bitter one here...

shortstop

Not sure I'm the bitter one here...
I think his point is anyone with a computer and internet access can make a Magic account and post things more or less confirmed by insiders on here, and throw in a bit of new conjecture, and try to pass it off as inside information. Not making any comment one way or the other on the information you've posted, but you have to understand the skepticism people have towards "insiders" without proven track records.

Walter Elias Disney

I think his point is anyone with a computer and internet access can make a Magic account and post things more or less confirmed by insiders on here, and throw in a bit of new conjecture, and try to pass it off as inside information. Not making any comment one way or the other on the information you've posted, but you have to understand the skepticism people have towards "insiders" without proven track records.
Point well taken..Didn't create an account yesterday either...:)

Jrn14

Cool cool... when you say refresh of the boat ride I take it you mean just updating it, but keeping the living with the land theme? Hopefully not changing to something IP related

Ransom

Awww...and I was hoping it'd be a two-fer, with The Land transformed into The Bayou Featuring The Rescuers and The Princess and the Frog!

tirian

Is it weird that I'm most excited about the landscaping? I'm really looking forward to seeing a lush Epcot with a return to the streamlined and "futuristic" structures that have been obscured in the years since they were built. Really hoping Future World will feel beautiful and inviting by the time the WDW anniversary rolls around.
That isn't weird; it's exciting.

Amidala

No IP. Keeping the Living with the Land boat ride theme.

Don't care one way or another if Living w/ the Land is IP-infused, as long as it continued to educate guests. And I think any overlay would have to address all of the same topics, given that LwtL takes guests through the greenhouse and other "behind the scenes" areas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom