News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

BrianLo

Regarding the identity of a new ("likely") WS pavilion, I find it interesting that our insiders are particularly tight lipped without any hints. At least none that I recall. I feel like that might indicate that no one is close to guessing it right and that the pavilion will be something totally different than anyone is predicting.

That said, Brazil makes sense and there's even been concept art for previous blue sky plans, but I wouldn't be shocked if they used another South American country (maybe Argentina) if they wanted to represent that part of the world.

I thought @marni1971 basically already spelled out it was Switzerland somewhere. With Brazil in the maybe category. Potentially Australia as the unlikely.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Brazil in #4 if I'm reading my tea leaves correctly...

upload_2017-3-23_14-14-59.png

Princess Leia

So the list of questionable countries we have are:
Spain
Brazil
Greece
Africa
Russia
India
@Direwolf27 do you remember where that picture you posted of WS with all the expansion pads and countries is at in these threads?
Just had to update the map for the first time in awhile :D

First things first, I have no idea where Ratatouille or the UK attraction are going to be, so that's purely speculation on my part.

Secondly, I think someone mentioned 4 or 5 being the most likely to get the new country (but don't quote me on that, I don't want to be spreading false rumors).

I think Greece and Equatorial Africa are pretty low on the list (but that is solely my opinion). I wouldn't have even thought about Spain, but it seems to be a contender again. If that's the case- and again, I'm just trying to read between the lines that insiders drop- I'd have to guess that the most likely countries are Brazil (or if not, then another South American country) and Spain. I would hope that Disney would wise up and build an Indian pavilion on 3 or 8 though. It would add some much needed cultural diversity and some really great food.
Map 1.png

Map 2.png

Map 2.png

Last edited:

clemmo

Are we sure the new country would have a ride? Imo some kind of carnival tie in if Brazil is the country should be likely whether it's a ride or show.
Anyway going back to fw I'm hoping we will start to see changes at innoventions and tombstone area starting 2018 (just a guess)

Princess Leia

Are we sure the new country would have a ride? Imo some kind of carnival tie in if Brazil is the country should be likely whether it's a ride or show.
Whether or not the new country pavilion will open with a ride seems to be up in the air. @articos and @marni1971 have differing views, atm.

I don't want another Epcot thread (because there are already like 10 of them), but the World Showcase additions should be discussed in a non-Future World thread.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Anyway going back to fw I'm hoping we will start to see changes at innoventions and tombstone area starting 2018 (just a guess)

Whether or not the new country pavilion will open with a ride seems to be up in the air. @articos and @marni1971 have differing views, atm.

I don't want another Epcot thread (because there are already like 10 of them), but the World Showcase additions should be discussed in a non-Future World thread.
Any new country that may or may not be coming may or may not have an attraction when it opens. There are plans for an attraction should the country be built but they aren't green lit yet. Should it be built.

P_Radden

First things first, I have no idea where Ratatouille or the UK attraction are going to be, so that's purely speculation on my part.

Secondly, I think someone mentioned 4 or 5 being the most likely to get the new country (but don't quote me on that, I don't want to be spreading false rumors).

I think Greece and Equatorial Africa are pretty low on the list (but that is solely my opinion). I wouldn't have even thought about Spain, but it seems to be a contender again. If that's the case- and again, I'm just trying to read between the lines that insiders drop- I'd have to guess that the most likely countries are Brazil (or if not, then another South American country) and Spain. I would hope that Disney would wise up and build an Indian pavilion on 3 or 8 though. It would add some much needed cultural diversity and some really great food.
View attachment 195602
View attachment 195601
View attachment 195604

Nice work!
Is there enough room to squeeze in a ride for slots 4 & 5?
Plenty of room. Look at Mexico and Norway for example.

Also, Germany, Japan, and Italy were all slated to have attractions in the back of their pavilions.

Any new country that may or may not be coming may or may not have an attraction when it opens. There are plans for an attraction should the country be built but they aren't green lit yet. Should it be built.
@Direwolf27 I made up a couple of new maps (with your input) in the France Attraction thread if you guys want to continue this discussion there. :) @marni1971 thanks as always for the facts and insights.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member

View attachment 195602
View attachment 195601
View attachment 195604
Awesome Job! Love the Map :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom