News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

larandtra

Many of the people JH knew are no longer there and his sources are nothing more than speculation and throwing things out there. We could sit here and say Hey, because of the new movies coming out, we will get this ride or that ride etc and probably be accurate just as often as he is. Its RUMOR and nothing more. I think there are some posters here who do know things and post what they can, sometimes probably more than they should. The true insiders ( and I do consider a couple here that) post carefully, or dont post at all other than saying maybe or possibly. Everyone who knows someone tied to certain projects or things may know bits and pieces, but, noone knows the whole picture and things change so rapidly within the company and decision making process, nothing is ever really a "surprise" once it is announced. At that point there are a lot of people who know. It just depends on who they are and what they are willing to post. JH is NOT an insider. He just throws enough out there to be right once in a while. There are more things posted on these boards that are accurate than he provides. You just get the fun of figuring out what is accurate and what isnt. Spain is certainly an "option". One among many based on a lot of criteria but in the top 3 or 4? Doubtful.

KrzyKtty

Many of the people JH knew are no longer there and his sources are nothing more than speculation and throwing things out there. We could sit here and say Hey, because of the new movies coming out, we will get this ride or that ride etc and probably be accurate just as often as he is. Its RUMOR and nothing more. I think there are some posters here who do know things and post what they can, sometimes probably more than they should. The true insiders ( and I do consider a couple here that) post carefully, or dont post at all other than saying maybe or possibly. Everyone who knows someone tied to certain projects or things may know bits and pieces, but, noone knows the whole picture and things change so rapidly within the company and decision making process, nothing is ever really a "surprise" once it is announced. At that point there are a lot of people who know. It just depends on who they are and what they are willing to post. JH is NOT an insider. He just throws enough out there to be right once in a while. There are more things posted on these boards that are accurate than he provides. You just get the fun of figuring out what is accurate and what isnt. Spain is certainly an "option". One among many based on a lot of criteria but in the top 3 or 4? Doubtful.
Everything you said if very true. I don't know who Jim Hill is, but anyone that would publicly say this is definitely going to happen probably isn't directly involved with the project. You know, non-disclosure agreements and all.

I heard the Spain rumor somewhere else a bit ago, and like you said it is just a rumor. However, I thought it sounded plausible considering the current administration doesn't seem to like adding anything to the park that isn't IP related. With Gigantic coming out, it seemed plausible that the administration would want to cash off of it in the park like Frozen. Just like the Rumor that the Energy building in Epcot might become an attraction based off Guardians.

None of these may be known facts, but it is still fun to speculate based on them.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Everything you said if very true. I don't know who Jim Hill is, but anyone that would publicly say this is definitely going to happen probably isn't directly involved with the project. You know, non-disclosure agreements and all.

I heard the Spain rumor somewhere else a bit ago, and like you said it is just a rumor. However, I thought it sounded plausible considering the current administration doesn't seem to like adding anything to the park that isn't IP related. With Gigantic coming out, it seemed plausible that the administration would want to cash off of it in the park like Frozen. Just like the Rumor that the Energy building in Epcot might become an attraction based off Guardians.

None of these may be known facts, but it is still fun to speculate based on them.
Energy is far far far far more likely to happen.

Magic Feather

Last I saw, Spain is actually at 2. Maybe 3.
Energy is far far far far more likely to happen.
Indeed. IMO regarding likely hood rankings-
1. M:S
2. Rat
3. GotG
4. UK Add (the small one)
5. New WS Country #1
6. Land Reno
7. Spain

This alongside other near guaranteed projects.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

2. Rat
3. GotG
5. New WS Country #1
6. Land Reno
7. Spain

I'd be surprised at this stage if all those (except 7) didn't happen. Plus a few more items like you said.

MCast

2. Rat
3. GotG
5. New WS Country #1
6. Land Reno
7. Spain

Sorry if this has been asked, but do we know what the new WS Country #1 is? Or are we not allowed to know?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom