News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

clemmo

Well... if anyone is interested in what I think...

The Energy and GMR replacements should be very good. They're just in the wrong place. Again. Guardians is the wrong park, the GMR shouldn't close for Mickey. DHS needs all the new capacity it can get. Stick it in an Art Deco warehouse on Sunset Market. Stick in where the Animation building is. So many lost opportunities.

The two SWL attractions I expect to be rather spectacular. The land will look great too, albeit a bit small. Toy Story land I'm afraid will be something to use to get to SWL. Thematically and content wise it's a lost opportunity. For any demographic.

Plans for the Innoventions buildings are interesting. Innoventions was long dead anyway and Communicore will never return.

I'm quite excited about plans for Showcase too. If they all come to fruition. And so long as they add to and not replace current features.
As you probably know I think everyone on here is pretty interested in what you think. Reading this it actually sounds like TSL is the only big disappointment coming up (not sure what you've heard about revisions to plans over there). Obviously you can argue GOTG isn't going in the right location but at least from the sound of it it'll actually be half decent even if In the wrong park.

Earl Sweatpants

Plans for the Innoventions buildings are interesting. Innoventions was long dead anyway and Communicore will never return.

Communicore was laid to rest fairly quickly...BUT in mid October, Epcot Legacy is going to be releasing an entire soundtrack from the attraction. Looking forward to it very much.

britain

The two SWL attractions I expect to be rather spectacular. The land will look great too, albeit a bit small.

Small for DHS? The Disneyland version is huge! Or are there now size differences between the two SWL?

njDizFan

The Energy and GMR replacements should be very good. They're just in the wrong place. Again. Guardians is the wrong park, the GMR shouldn't close for Mickey. DHS needs all the new capacity it can get. Stick it in an Art Deco warehouse on Sunset Market. Stick in where the Animation building is. So many lost opportunities.

The two SWL attractions I expect to be rather spectacular. The land will look great too, albeit a bit small. Toy Story land I'm afraid will be something to use to get to SWL. Thematically and content wise it's a lost opportunity. For any demographic.

I'm quite excited about plans for Showcase too. If they all come to fruition. And so long as they add to and not replace current features.
I guess the irony is that TSL is in fact the right scale of attractions(no height restirction B/C) in the correct park( add to the 5 that they have) and the best fit for the land(Pixar) they are going into.

Yet it's probably going to be cheapest and the most value engineered. At best it's sounding like Slinkystormer and a spinner.

Bocabear

I guess the irony is that TSL is in fact the right scale of attractions(no height restirction B/C) in the correct park( add to the 5 that they have) and the best fit for the land(Pixar) they are going into.

Yet it's probably going to be cheapest and the most value engineered. At best it's sounding like Slinkystormer and a spinner.
There is absolutely nothing exciting about this TSL addition other than, oh at least it's another ride to add to the park's dismal ride count...Such a shame when they could have really done something special instead of giant fiberglass toys and christmas lights...they could have at least put the green men spinner in a completely enclosed building and made it look like outer space...but instead it will be a cheap spinner ride looking like a cheao spinner ride with a canopy... Too bad they didn't go back to the drawing board on this whole concept and come up with something better...

thequirkysarah

I loved the GotG movie. It was fantastic. Just a breath of fresh air in a landscape of predictable and overwrought SciFi movies. And, I would love a GotG ride. The source material has a lot to offer when it comes to ride possibilities.

I also agree that Epcot is in dire need of updating and the addition (reinsertion?) of more rides and experiences. The last time I visited the park, in 2013, I was overwhelmed by how diminished it was. This is very disheartening to me as Epcot was by far my favorite park as a nerdy, optimistic child.

But, let me be very clear, this ride makes absolutely no sense in Epcot's Future World. I'm very sad to watch the further dismantling of Epcot's theme and cohesion. Pretty soon there won't be a discernible theme for the park at all.

RSoxNo1

Would it be too much to hope that amongst Star Lord's 70's & 80's pop hits, we happen upon "Energy - You Make the World Go Round" ?

Seriously, there is an early 80's tie in to be made between GotG and Epcot... Besides that, not much.
Actually a self referencing approach could be pulled off in a really cool way here. Imagineers? Are you listening?

Wikkler

But, let me be very clear, this ride makes absolutely no sense in Epcot's Future World. I'm very sad to watch the further dismantling of Epcot's theme and cohesion. Pretty soon there won't be a discernible theme for the park at all.
As if it has one at the moment.
The history of communication, the nations of the World, manmade wonders, futuristic automotive testing, 80s agricultural techniques, the wonders of imagination, cosmic superheroes, fairytale princesses, talking birds, talking fish?

whiterhino42

Honestly I don't see anything wrong with the TV spot. This prob shows only on Disney Junior and that's Disney's target audience, if this if the route Disney is going with EPCOT I don't have a prob with it. Sure I grew up with the original WS concept as a kid, and quite honestly I thought it was boring back then cept for Horizons, WOM and Imagination, rarely did we ever watch the videos/shows in WS, cause they were pretty boring back then as a kid. Right now we don't even take our daughter to WS cept to see Frozen which she loves, sorry WS is an over priced bar and thats it right now. Hopefully a few more rides in WS regardless if their IP based or not will make this more of a family park in line with MK.
We have magic kingdom we don't need another one!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom