News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

sedati

Here's my EPCOT conundrum, which is better?
EPCOT Center where Disney's creative team was forced to bend to the whims of outside corporate and international interests along with its own.
Or...
Epcot, where Disney's creative team is forced to bend to the whims of its own corporate interests.

EPCOT Center was my favorite park in the 80s, but I for one noticed a substantial decline in interest from anyone who wasn't me by the end of its first decade. Slow moving dioramas and films where you often have to stand are a hard sell for the rest of the family. It was never much of an education. I learned about chemosythesis and would be hard pressed to name something else. Communicating led to phones and networks. Dinosaurs led to oil. Splinters cause a reaction in your body. People dreamed of the past and still do. Wheels led to cars. Imagination can be fun. Captain EO is here to save the world. Food is a thing we grow, then eat. Darling it's better down where its wetter. Touchscreens and video chat is on the way. Other countries have unique architecture, lovely young people, and most importantly, food and drink (and drink and drink.)
I want an Epcot that excites the imagination and gives a sense of wonder and discovery. It should be something unique from its sister parks, but also something everyone will enjoy. How it does that I don't care. I can more easily walk through a gift shop packed with Frozen merch, than a pre/post show that is little more than a commercial.
BTW, Animal Kingdom is now my favorite.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Epcot was my first Disney experience oh about 1992.....as a young adult.....I thought it was great! Still a lot to love, but mostly its going around the world and food. I think Soarin' was a super addition, but miss the original Journey and Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit. It never seemed to be plussed enough over next few decades.....so basically I do Soarin eat lunch at Sunshine Seasons then go around world with a dinner usually at Le Cellier or the Italian Pizza.....then rarely stay for fireworks....so really? Not a full day park for me any longer. Last time going around the world was rather spoiled with super loud music blaring across lake...ruined ambience....guess it was fun to ride monorail to get there but now like DHS.....its not priority to me. That said for first time I will be going in Fall and Food and Wine Fest might be rather fun......

flynnibus

Premium Member
Imagine the live aspect of MILF but done on the transparent projection plus live sets like Disaster is done... And the set is the inside out brain stage.. And at some point the person ymwho you are inside their head... They encounter figment and the emotions go off on that.

Put that in the theater at imagination... BOOm!

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Well, I love EPCOT and that isn't about to change over one ride that I haven't even ridden. It's my favorite and they'd have to change too much for that to change with me.

PorterRedkey

Well, I love EPCOT and that isn't about to change over one ride that I haven't even ridden. It's my favorite and they'd have to change too much for that to change with me.
I felt like that too, but it was back in 1992. Current Epcot has now changed too much for me to consider it my favorite park.

Donaldfan1934

lol my goodness. it's his personal account, he's not trying to earn fans or appease Disney fans. Give him a break, he's a person too.

SMH.
I'm sorry, but if you've got "DGA Director, President, Walt Disney Imagineering" listed under your name, then most of your followers are going to follow you for your contributions to the entertainment industry. He obviously wants somebody to hear his views.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom