News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
At least we have high standards and an expectation for quality in regards to theme park experiences. Apparently the same can't be said for you, too bad.
mariah-shades.gif
Assumptions doesn't make what you say fact.

tirian

The builders are coming. With a little bit of demo here and there.

And plans for a massive redesign and physical reconfiguration.
I believe you. Unfortunately, I also personally saw many approved plans come through my department and never see actual construction.

Money was always cut at the last minute—SSE and Space Mt. are the most severe examples. I trust your knowledge, but I won't trust Disney to follow through until I see building crews and the famous WDWMagic ladder behind those construction walls. :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I believe you. Unfortunately, I also personally saw many approved plans come through my department and never see actual construction.

Money was always cut at the last minute—SSE and Space Mt. are the most severe examples. I trust your knowledge, but I won't trust Disney to follow through until I see building crews and the famous WDWMagic ladder behind those construction walls. :)
I won't believe me too until then.

I can't reiterate enough. I post what I can, when I can. Whats proposed. What's planned. What's green lit. I'm just the messenger.

Let's not forget Equitorial Africa was green lit.

EPICOT

Someone made a very good point in regards to the Old Rocket Rods/Peoplemover at Disneyland... and many attractions at the Walt Disney World Resort... What other theme park has shuttered attractions and just left them sit there for decades rotting away in plain view? I don't even think Six Flags has ever closed a ride and left it sit there for a decade or more... How does the Walt Disney Company think this is good ar acceptable? 20,000 Leagues sat dormant for over a decade before they demolished it, Wonders Of Life has been closed for almost a decade now, Most of DHS was closed and sitting there... It is absolutely bizarre...and none of the other competitors of Disney have ever done that... I am just wondering how anyone can justify diminishing park offerings while raising prices...and leaving the ruins of old attractions you can no longer ride... in plain sight as a reminder...
Look up Son Of Beast at Kings Island. The tallest coaster at the park at the time left shuttered in plain sight for many years before being torn down.

JohnD

From all the vibes in the various threads, this much is certain: It is finally Epcot's turn to get some love. Obviously there is debate on whether it is the right type. Does GOTG belong in Epcot, etc. Should Epcot retain the concept of EPCOT Center or is it time to move past that? I'm just excited that something's coming. Looking forward to the debate on the specifics when officially rolled out.

lazyboy97o

Look up Son Of Beast at Kings Island. The tallest coaster at the park at the time left shuttered in plain sight for many years before being torn down.
Even that is not entirely the same as coaster did come down once it was finally decided to give up on ever trying to fix it.

munchiezxx

If this Guardians stuff does end up happening, Epcot will probably not be my favorite park anymore.
Me too. I've always loved Epcot but after learning about EPCOT Center it depresses me but for some reason I love it even more because without people to love it it can't be improved...???
I don't make any sense hah...

WeLComeHomE OKW

How is it currently your favorite?

It used to be my favorite in the late 90s/early 2000's when I was a child (MGM was my favorite originally). It's been slowly dying since then, and i enjoyed it as I got older mainly because it was just a peaceful and nice looking place that served interesting food and beverages.

That's pretty sad.

As a cohesive theme park, it's a cluster****. GotG won't fix that. But, at least it will support the maintenance of a park that still has a giant empty building in the middle of it and no one ever questions it. (I'm looking at you, Odyssey)

BlueSkyDriveBy

EPCOT also used to be my favorite park. But the day I lost all hope for this Salute to the 21st Century was when the first revision of Journey opened. Ripping out the carousel and shortening the ride became the poster child for EPCOT's future: lack of commitment, lack of vision, lack of funding.

I don't fault TWDC for sticking franchises in the parks. Walt did it, almost shamelessly, in Anaheim. But Walt and his team worked with those franchises appropriately, with the requisite commitment, vision, and funding. The current P&R honchos don't seem to get this. Or more importantly, they simply don't seem to care.

Does GotG belong in Future World? Wrong question, IMHO. We should be asking: does GotG belong in any Disney park? If and when TWDC commits to a vision with proper funding for a Marvel park, then yes. Otherwise... :bored:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom