News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

ToTBellHop

DVC booths?
No. He said creative. Cupcake parties on the roof with a view of the Star Wars fireworks two miles away.

At least we are getting a new ride. And honestly, 40 minutes was a bit long for 2016. And this project is more ambitious than any GotG band aid at DHS would've been. Dare I say it, it will be fun. If misplaced. Like FEA but with appropriate capacity.

Maybe they can move the dinos (but not Ellen) to the dead space on Dinosaur.

Ripken10

No. He said creative. Cupcake parties on the roof with a view of the Star Wars fireworks two miles away.

At least we are getting a new ride. And honestly, 40 minutes was a bit long for 2016. And this project is more ambitious than any GotG band aid at DHS would've been. Dare I say it, it will be fun. If misplaced. Like FEA but with appropriate capacity.

Maybe they can move the dinos (but not Ellen) to the dead space on Dinosaur.[/QUOTE]

Funny, I thought the exact same thing.

aladdin2007

It used to be so unique. It lost that a good ten years ago sadly. IMHO of course.

true, and has been becoming a hodge podge. But will still hope for some kind of coherency in the new plans. Im glad our tower of terror however is safe now from the atrocious overlay plan, but cant say im thrilled for Guardians in Epcot, maybe I should watch the movie for starters? It just never looked appealing to me.

Superpocky

It used to be so unique. It lost that a good ten years ago sadly. IMHO of course.

First time I visited, i think I was 10 or 11. I don't remember much about the park. I wish I did. My second visit was 5 years ago so all I know is Epcot that you see today.

To me it's still very unique and my princess-loving daughter loves Epcot with all the science things that she can touch and experience. It will be a sad day when you see Disney themed attractions and characters everywhere in Epcot.

po1998

Without googling it, am I the only one who was no idea what Guardians of the Galaxy is? This is what is going to take the place of one dead pavilion and another that is on life support?

Not sure I read the rumors correctly, would this be a single new attraction, meaning the total net attraction count in FW would still be the same?

aladdin2007

Without googling it, am I the only one who was no idea what Guardians of the Galaxy is? This is what is going to take the place of one dead pavilion and another that is on life support?

Not sure I read the rumors correctly, would this be a single new attraction, meaning the total net attraction count in FW would still be the same?

its just a movie sadly, thats all it is, a movie. another iger/chapek quick ip to base something on probably.

tirian

First time I visited, i think I was 10 or 11. I don't remember much about the park. I wish I did. My second visit was 5 years ago so all I know is Epcot that you see today.

To me it's still very unique and my princess-loving daughter loves Epcot with all the science things that she can touch and experience. It will be a sad day when you see Disney themed attractions and characters everywhere in Epcot.
At its best, Epcot fascinated kids and adults with the real world, without seeming preachy or too academic. Of course there were exceptions, but old-school EPCOT Center and Epcot c. 1994–2006 had more hits than misses.

tirian

its just a movie sadly, thats all it is, a movie. another iger/chapek quick ip to base something on probably.
It was popular for bucking the Marvel cookie-cutter template, but it's still a superhero movie with nothing to tie it into Epcot. Tony Stark/Iron Man would be a better match, and even then, he couldn't sustain an entire pavilion. An Innoventions exhibit would work well and could conceivably fit within the spirit of Epcot.

Bocabear

GOTG in Future World is just a really bad idea...and I guess we were warned that it would no longer be the EPCOT Center we knew and loved... but putting a movie IP into this area of the park just seems so random and lame... It would make more sense to demolish the Tomorrowland Speedway, put Guardians Of The Galaxy there, add an Autopia type attraction at the Test Track location ...then at least the film and fantasy stuff remains firmly rooted in the fantasy park... I guess it would not be appropriate to have both Star Wars and GOTG at the studios... Wow I really hate this idea... I was hoping fer a Weather Pavilion... an Eco-magination pavilion...anyting more science and technology based ...ugh. I guess this is the park's full turning point...up to now it has just been veering off track....

Brad Bishop

And replace Lord Henry Mystic with Dreamfinder

If a modern version based on the original was created along with bringing back Dreamfinder and Figment. It might look like this picture I found on a blog called "EpcotLegacy" and would be a perfect attraction at Walt Disney World to use the trackless vehicle system which should be a first for any US Theme Park.

Universe of Energy is trackless. I think Dinosaur and Indy are, as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom