News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
Because the alternative is they are intentionally going as slow as possible to make it difficult to move around the park. I'm as jaded as the next guy, but that's a little much.
The truth is, demand hasn't shown hinderance because of this. They're still making money out the Alien  Swirling  Saucers. That means there's no need to spend extra money to hurry up. The people still buy food. They still buy ILL and Genie+ They still come, walls or not. If it doesn't hurt their demand, it isn't an issue.

Fear

The truth is, demand hasn't shown hinderance because of this. They're still making money out the Alien  Swirling  Saucers. That means there's no need to spend extra money to hurry up. The people still buy food. They still buy ILL and Genie+ They still come, walls or not. If it doesn't hurt their demand, it isn't an issue.

So your take is that since the money is rolling in, they can make business decisions on spite?

Edit in: the question was, "Will the table be back?". The answer is a firm no. It would require breaking the construction contracts for Communicore Hall, demo of current construction, re-permitting, re-bidding, and construction of an objectively more complicated piece of architecture.

I don't care how much Iger may have "loved" that idea. It's bad business.

Last edited:

Bocabear

Why couldn't the toadstool be added to the Communicore Hall structure as it should have been from the beginning instead of something that required razing all existing structures... Thing is, there would always be a need for this mammoth building which included covered festival space as well as an elevated building and roof garden...There are all sorts of things they could do with that space... one of which would be removing the World Showplace tents permanently and using that location for a proper "Mary Poppins" or other attraction space...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So your take is that since the money is rolling in, they can make business decisions on spite?

Edit in: the question was, "Will the table be back?". The answer is a firm no. It would require breaking the construction contracts for Communicore Hall, demo of current construction, re-permitting, re-bidding, and construction of an objectively more complicated piece of architecture.

I don't care how much Iger may have "loved" that idea. It's bad business.
And Wall Street eyes are now focused on all unnecessary spending.

tparris

From today. Looks like Dreamers Point is starting to shape up, and even more pathways are being put in.
5D043E14-A88A-4779-82EA-384F9CB015D9.jpeg
FEE44731-3A69-4A6D-9F81-DC1B39CCCAD7.jpeg
C78EE88E-3B9C-4CEC-8A34-69CBEBF6F850.jpeg
FDDF3045-0D64-4D1E-8AB1-B1573714F209.jpeg
ECD5C9F1-3543-4D16-9518-633009DABA3C.jpeg

James Alucobond

The ever-shifting Aztec pyramid of white blocks in the northeast corner of Journey of Water continues to be confusing. It's incredibly difficult to make sense of what they're doing there.

James Alucobond

No, he's talking about the pile of geofoam that's near Project Tomorrow.
Thanks for this info. Can the geofoam actually support significant planting on top of it? I was mostly confused because the two areas where they're using it extensively look like they're also supposed to be pretty densely packed with trees and vegetation.

lazyboy97o

Thanks for this info. Can the geofoam actually support significant planting on top of it? I was mostly confused because the two areas where they're using it extensively look like they're also supposed to be pretty densely packed with trees and vegetation.
It’s used as an artificial fill for things like roads and embankments. It can support quite a bit.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Was going to say, seeing this makes me massively prefer what we ended up getting. Such a weird layout.

You should have seen one of the sets of plans that didn’t get built. Would have been open already and included food, bev, merch, characters, and attraction space. And zero destruction of anything that was still perfectly useful. I don’t recall if the fountain was included, but it needed an overhaul and would have been good for many more years.

James Alucobond

You should have seen one of the sets of plans that didn’t get built. Would have been open already and included food, bev, merch, characters, and attraction space. And zero destruction of anything that was still perfectly useful. I don’t recall if the fountain was included, but it needed an overhaul and would have been good for many more years.
I did see it and obviously would have preferred it, but we are where we are.

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
Communicore Hall HAS to be home to something we aren't aware of.
img_0974.jpg

This building is massive, both in person and in concept art. A Mickey and Friends meet and greet seems unlikely to take up an entire gargantuan two story building. Something has to be going inside.

Considering the fact that SMRT-1 was considered for Creations, I think there's a high chance we see the little bot here in some capacity.

Cmdr_Crimson

Communicore Hall HAS to be home to something we aren't aware of.View attachment 681929
This building is massive, both in person and in concept art. A Mickey and Friends meet and greet seems unlikely to take up an entire gargantuan two story building. Something has to be going inside.

Considering the fact that SMRT-1 was considered for Creations, I think there's a high chance we see the little bot here in some capacity.
It looks more like a theater venue (making up the Main Street one perhaps?). This way they can have more for festival related entertainment. And Epcot Character Spot wasn't even that big as it just took a small corner of the former hallway corridor.

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
It looks more like a theater venue (making up the Main Street one perhaps?). This way they can have more for festival related entertainment. And Epcot Character Spot wasn't even that big as it just took a small corner of the former hallway corridor.
Yes, but isn't the stage outside below the roof? Even if there were indoor and outdoor stages, this building is bigger than a theater and meet and greets.

lazyboy97o

Communicore Hall HAS to be home to something we aren't aware of.View attachment 681929

There was a meet and greet in nearly this same spot.

michmousefan

If it's to replace the festival center, there should be retail, demonstration kitchens, seasonal/festival special exhibitions, probably a bar (of *course* there will be a bar), in addition to the meet and greet. Perhaps a small theater for short films.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom