News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Cmdr_Crimson

Double crane. This is getting serious
View attachment 679388
94e37ba3-d80a-43c8-a33e-ea57893b5b97_text.gif

Bocabear

well I was against the toadstool center as it demolished half of future world...but now that the damage is done and we have lived through the destruction and grief of the lost symmetry and style, I would rather see the toadstool come back than the hum-drum knee-jerk underwhelming design they are currently building. At least is would have given the central court area a big architectural flourish instead of a forest of trees and a poorly done copy of part of the original building.

Last edited:

Fear

...it's not even a question. Bringing back the table would mean demo of current Communicore Hall construction, permitting, and reconstruction. It would delay the spine by years. It would make Tron look like a short closure.

They know they need to have the spine reopened. They know the walls need to come down. That's the point of Communicore Hall.

Mickeynerd17

I’ve been following this thread forever but after all these years I can’t even remember. What was the original purpose of this project?
Modernizing epcot. Innoventions was not only dead but the entire hub reeked of 90's futurism and looked extremely dated in the eyes of the public.

I personally loved it, but others didn't, and so here we are.

Casper Gutman

...it's not even a question. Bringing back the table would mean demo of current Communicore Hall construction, permitting, and reconstruction. It would delay the spine by years. It would make Tron look like a short closure.

They know they need to have the spine reopened. They know the walls need to come down. That's the point of Communicore Hall.
What the heck makes you think they know (or care) that they need to get the spine open?!?! Absolutely NOTHING they have done leads to that conclusion.

But I'm Iger won't go on an absurd ego trip and undo what his predecessor did. It certainly isn't like Chapek went on an absurd ego trip and undid what his predecessor did. Or that the table was a product of Iger's absurd ego trip in the first place.

Fear

What the heck makes you think they know (or care) that they need to get the spine open?!?! Absolutely NOTHING they have done leads to that conclusion.

Because the alternative is they are intentionally going as slow as possible to make it difficult to move around the park. I'm as jaded as the next guy, but that's a little much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom