News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
Maybe I'm reading way too far into this, but Zach just posted on Instagram, saying that since "work on World Celebration is in full swing", it was time to "pack up the models" and move on to their next big project. Future World West seems to be remaining untouched, from the wording of the post.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Maybe I'm reading way too far into this, but Zach just posted on Instagram, saying that since "work on World Celebration is in full swing", it was time to "pack up the models" and move on to their next big project. Future World West seems to be remaining untouched, from the wording of the post.
I think he's just showing off their model.

Unless he's referring to Space Ranger Mountain.

yensidtlaw1969

He said it's "time to pack these up until the next big project comes along", which is a subtle but important distinction. It does seem to imply that there's nothing on the horizon that he's aware of, which jibes with what everyone is saying about the lack of projects in the pipeline.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
He said it's "time to pack these up until the next big project comes along", which is a subtle but important distinction. It does seem to imply that there's nothing on the horizon that he's aware of, which jibes with what everyone is saying about the lack of projects in the pipeline.

TheZach’s move to Lake Nona CONFIRMED!!! However, we now won’t hear from him for 4 years.

No Name

The sphere looks like it’s simply resting on those supports. Do you think it’s ever been tossed around the office like a ball?

This got me thinking, the model should be developed into kickballs that are sold for a premium price. It may actually be an improvement over the current kickball design, allowing for better grip when pitching and catching. In fact now it’s hard to not see a kickball when looking at it. Please excuse this bizarre tangent.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

The sphere looks like it’s simply resting on those supports. Do you think it’s ever been tossed around the office like a ball?

This got me thinking, the model should be developed into kickballs that are sold for a premium price. It may actually be an improvement over the current kickball design, allowing for better grip when pitching and catching. In fact now it’s hard to not see a kickball when looking at it. Please excuse this bizarre tangent.
Yeah, missed the boat on that about 20 years ago..Remember Balzacs throughout WDW..
Display.JPG

bhg469

That does seem to imply that... Unfortunately.. (Huge Sigh)

etc98

He did also say in a comment “Stay tuned. It’s not the last time we will see those amazing model elements”

dreday3

I've always wanted them to put Mickey's ears and face on Spaceship Earth to make a a nice sized plushie out of it. 😂

DreamfinderGuy

He did also say in a comment “Stay tuned. It’s not the last time we will see those amazing model elements”
I'm wondering if that means they're going to open the Odyssey as a 40th exhibit (like many have theorized) with that model still sitting in there. Would be really funny to see the festival table come back from the dead again after the real one officially died.

Schweino

Noob question: Does anyone have any clue when the expected construction of this area is expected to be completed? Ill settle for rumor!

James Alucobond

Out of curiosity, has there been any progress to the left of guest relations? Last time I saw a photo of that area, it was still fenced off and the original planter looked like it had been beaten to heck and back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom