News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Splashin' Ryan

It's nice to see the basics being added into the area and sure they fit the minimalistic theme but you can tell just how disjointed this whole remodel of future world is.
I always like to think of it as what would Disney do if they built a brand new park? The benches would be seamlessly integrated into the area. They would be built into planters, have some integrated lighting, have some sort of actual design details or at the very least have the concrete beneath them reflect that its a seating area with a certain shape or pattern.
These benches were simply picked out from a list of simplistic modern benches and placed on top of concrete to match the other new elements in the area without actually seeing how the physical elements of both would interact.
Its the level of detail that was once thought through but doesn't seem to be anymore.

dreday3

It's nice to see the basics being added into the area and sure they fit the minimalistic theme but you can tell just how disjointed this whole remodel of future world is.
I always like to think of it as what would Disney do if they built a brand new park? The benches would be seamlessly integrated into the area. They would be built into planters, have some integrated lighting, have some sort of actual design details or at the very least have the concrete beneath them reflect that its a seating area with a certain shape or pattern.
These benches were simply picked out from a list of simplistic modern benches and placed on top of concrete to match the other new elements in the area without actually seeing how the physical elements of both would interact.
Its the level of detail that was once thought through but doesn't seem to be anymore.

Aesthetically I don't think all of these smaller updates (new umbrellas, new misting stations, new paint on walls/bathrooms/etc., updated kiosks, etc) look disjointed at all.
Quite the opposite - the color-schemes, paint styles and design seem to be making the whole area more cohesive.

castlecake2.0

I really don’t understand why any planter wall is not automatically made tall enough to double as a place to sit. All new builds are full or little curbs around planters and gardens, make it a bit taller and guests will have a place to sit other than on the ground, which makes the park look sloppy. Saying that, World Discovery does have quite a few seating areas, but often guests don’t see them and just sit on the ground 😩

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
new misting stations
20220524_170957.jpg

This was the only misting station working in EPCOT yesterday.

SplashJacket

@wdwmagic I think everyone wants to know, where's the credit card reader? How much per minute of use? Do I need a Genie + LL or an ILL to take advantage of them?
I’m not commenting on you in particular, but in literally every thread on this forum, when discussing the most minor things, this always gets mentioned, followed by a “Cheapek” comment.

It got old a while ago

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I really don’t understand why any planter wall is not automatically made tall enough to double as a place to sit. All new builds are full or little curbs around planters and gardens, make it a bit taller and guests will have a place to sit other than on the ground, which makes the park look sloppy. Saying that, World Discovery does have quite a few seating areas, but often guests don’t see them and just sit on the ground 😩
This was largely the strategy for awhile.

castlecake2.0

This was largely the strategy for awhile.
That’s why I don’t get that it stopped. All these new areas around Connections and Creations were built with little curbs around planters and landscaping instead of retaining walls that could double as benches. The lack of seating is causing a noticeable amount of guests to just give up and sit on the ground which is bad guest service and just makes the place look tacky.

No Name

I’m confused and bothered by the fact that Test Track is a part of World Discovery. Why not lean into the space-related commonality of the other pavilions and include Test Track in World Celebration? I know their original plans had the center of the park bending toward Imagination but since that’s not really the plan anymore I don’t see any value in sticking to their lack of symmetry.

I guess I’m confused and bothered by a lot of the lackluster decisions they made so I shouldn’t be surprised.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom