News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It's a lot of trees, and a large covered stage. Worthy of the center of EPCOT?
Ish. Aside from the hundreds of millions wasted on demolishing a perfectly serviceable curved building to replace it with a curved building and a splash pad whilst Imagination still rots.

Still it’s better than Bobs folly plan. Ooo look. Earth Station.

Phicinfan

Why not have the same build-style as Connections and Creations? These sharp angles of the new building don't match well with the rounded shapes of the original buildings right across.
I have to admit it, I was wrong on the tear down of the other side of Communicore. They are literally building a new building it looks like, that is where part of the other side of Communicor was, that easily could have been reused for this I believe. How sad is that. I like what I see in the middle and with Journey, but the fact they are just rebuilding a similar building for the festival stage....sigh, just sad

kalel8145

More new concept art -

World Celebration -

View attachment 637091

Festival area -

View attachment 637084

CommuniCore Plaza/Hall -

View attachment 637081

EPCOT Gardens -

View attachment 637082View attachment 637083

Oh wow. I like it. Looks like it would be beautiful to walk through. I hope it pans put this way. Usually concept art isn't reality but even if it's close will be very nice change. I love the way the new building looks, very sleek. Looking forward to it.

Last edited:

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I’m furious, they tear down the entire comunocore building just to build a similar one back, tear down the Fountain of Nations just to replace a flower bed resembling it. Heck they could have kept that structure and made it a planter, they tore down what we all once loved a knew just to build it back half butt when they could have just reworked the area and had it open already. No fountain shows, that was the one thing I thought we’d come out of this with. What a joke, seriously. On a positive note Cinematic Celebration is back out of refurbishment with more pyro added it looks like.

Last edited:

IMDREW

FR_XMRDWQAArTZR.jpeg

Looks like the Epcot rings in the flooring light up

Bocabear

At this point, Why not let the new Festival Building or whatever it is look more like the other buildings in the core with matching facade and rooflines, and include a roof garden for events and fireworks viewing. The original buildings were all glass window walls before they were covered up... Match what was there, but purpose built with elevators, escalators and stairs to access the roof garden and upper tier and extended roof over a "Festival kiosk garden" area. No reason this building should look low and squat and cheap... It should still match the rest of the buildings there...
And for God's Sake make the centerpiece a spectacular fountain worthy of the park...not a promotional display planter...boo!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom